SYNC2 Upgrade / Enable Navigation with FORScan

I can’t recall whether this was posted before as there seems to be “renewed” interest in upgrading SYNC2.  One can use FORSCan to enable Navigation in SYNC2 if you do not have it.  Read the link below and also follow links in that thread.  I have not done it as when I upgraded to 3.08 several years ago, Nav cards were going for about $75 on eBay, maps are not updated frequently enough, and I find Google / Waze phone apps very good. I see one can now get the A10 card for about $20-$25 on eBay.  So, with an ELM327, extended version of FORScan, an an A10 card, one can install Nav for less than $100.

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8368&sid=fe5e2589f3c0104bfd329e85e05f8055&start=10

• 3 months later...

I would not dare buy one of those non-official SD cards ever again.  I bought one through Amazon and after looking at the contents, sent it back.  The version is on a file that can be swapped with a later version, but the actual data files are locked.  Essentially you could get an A10 card with A4 data on it, and it may be difficult to tell.  Buy the A11/B11 direct from navigation.com .

Edited by jzchen