Ford C-Max Gearbox

AbuDia

I have a 2013 hybrid C-Max. A loud rumbling noise started to come out from the engine compartment. Was told that the gearbox needs to be repaired. I bought a used gearbox taken off 2016 c-max. It lasted for about 15 months and again the same noise. Repaired the gearbox (some bearings were replaced). lasted for 10 months and same problem again!!! Anyone had the same problem??? Does this mean it is a manufacturing fault?? 

Thanks,

11 hours ago, AbuDia said:

I have a 2013 hybrid C-Max. A loud rumbling noise started to come out from the engine compartment. Was told that the gearbox needs to be repaired. I bought a used gearbox taken off 2016 c-max. It lasted for about 15 months and again the same noise. Repaired the gearbox (some bearings were replaced). lasted for 10 months and same problem again!!! Anyone had the same problem??? Does this mean it is a manufacturing fault?? 

Thanks,

I am a bit shocked regarding the 2016 Transmission failure you had, though it might be explained if the car was a very early in the year model built before August 15, 2015.....the TSB says the "good" transmissions were put into cars after August 15th, 2015......I don't suppose you know the date that donor car was built.....you are scaring me because I just bought a used 2016 that was built in Jan 2016....so well into the "safe" period.....but what if Ford was not telling the whole truth?

image.png.fc0e1527055611b3182d99b83f7a12c3.png

Edited by bigqueue
Add paste of TSB with highlights.....

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2020 at 9:05 AM, bigqueue said:

I am a bit shocked regarding the 2016 Transmission failure you had, though it might be explained if the car was a very early in the year model built before August 15, 2015.....the TSB says the "good" transmissions were put into cars after August 15th, 2015......I don't suppose you know the date that donor car was built.....you are scaring me because I just bought a used 2016 that was built in Jan 2016....so well into the "safe" period.....but what if Ford was not telling the whole truth?

image.png.fc0e1527055611b3182d99b83f7a12c3.png

I'm sure that ford is not telling the truth. 'cause as far as I know, even models up to 2017 and 2018 had problems with the gearbox.. same problem and same bearings are changed!!!

On 2/26/2020 at 10:17 AM, AbuDia said:

I'm sure that ford is not telling the truth. 'cause as far as I know, even models up to 2017 and 2018 had problems with the gearbox.. same problem and same bearings are changed!!!

I am a little surprised by this. Do you know people or even posts that show this to be the case?

I'd love to see what their specific problem was since I have a 2016 myself.