Stereo System and Parking Sensors Don't Work

Haven't had luck with any videos, forums, repair shops, etc. Decided to see if anyone here had a similar problem with a solution.

Car: 2013 Ford C-Max Hybrid

May 2019: Started making popping sounds randomly through the speakers even when stereo was turned off.

• When stereo was turned on and the popping happened, the sound would immediately stop working.
    • Display still worked, buttons still worked, just no sound.
    • This was quickly fixed by turning off the car and turning it back on.

December 2019: Popping sound got worse. It was like a constant stream of pops at this point. The radio pretty much never worked at this point. Display and buttons still worked.

January 2020: Popping stopped completely, but now the display doesn't respond to the buttons.

• Time and date are still on, but the stereo screen doesn't appear when I push the button.
  • When I push the button a second time, there's this little animation that the screen would normally show when the stereo was being turned off.
  • The rear parking sensor alert sound has also stopped working. I'm curious if this is a speaker issue...
  • I've taken apart the system but haven't seen anything unusual or out of place.
  • All fuses are working properly, too.

The dealer hasn't been much help, and a couple independent repairs shops have said the model is "too unique" to know for sure if they can fix it. ? 

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas!

There have been problems attributed to the car's noise suppression system, which uses the radio's speakers to add "out of phase" sound so engine noise is not as loud. The fix is to disconnect the microphone; look it up on the forum. 

It was my first thought, but I don't see how it could affect the radio's operation so I didn't reply. Snow's mic comment says maybe it is related. 

Have fun,

Frank