Bluetooth Not Responding fix with Passenger Fuse 79?

Hi All,

I have a fairly new to me 2016 C-Max Hybrid and the Bluetooth has been pairing beautifully for me for about a month and suddenly two days ago it sort of went catatonic. (would not connect at all)

I tried the set of factor presets stuff, and the software resets available....no dice. 

I think I searched and found that removing fuse #79 in the passenger fuse box will apply the hardware reboot needed....does this sound like the right fuse?

Also....any idea why this might have happened. Is there any way to keep this from happening and any other way to give it the hardware kick in the shorts needed?

Thanks,

-Quentin

Pulling fuse 79 should reset it.  See the thread below showing FORScan reset and test functions of various modules including the APIM with FORScan.  It would be interesting to run the test programs when something like a Bluetooth issue, radio issue and the like happens to see if the issue would be flagged and whether the reset function would clear the issue.

I pulled out Fuse 79 and waited about 30 seconds, and after putting it back in.....no difference. Where is the Bluetooth interface itself...is there a chance it needs to be reset separately? I might try fuse 79 again, but my next plan of attack is the big 12V reset of battery disconnect.

-Quentin

3 hours ago, bigqueue said:

I pulled out Fuse 79 and waited about 30 seconds, and after putting it back in.....no difference. Where is the Bluetooth interface itself...is there a chance it needs to be reset separately? I might try fuse 79 again, but my next plan of attack is the big 12V reset of battery disconnect.

-Quentin

Well, disconnecting the 12v battery did the trick. I had to go back and reprogram the whole set-up of the car prefernces, but my bluetooth and phone connection works once again. At least disconnecting the 12v battery is easy to do....nothing else seems to be on this car. (I am thinking air filter and oil change because of the belly pan cover)

28 minutes ago, SnowStorm said:

And If you disconnect the battery, make sure you first close all the windows or the auto-close feature may get messed up.

I think I had the windows closed.....but I am not sure. It is winter here, so having them open makes no sense, but I was thinking of listening to a podcast off my phone while changing the oil on my other car, so I might have had them open.

7 hours ago, bigqueue said:

-Quentin

Well, that "fix" lasted all of about 20 minutes. I came back out to use the car and the phone would not connect to the car. Any ideas? I am thinking the 12v battery might be an issue.....but that is a pure guess only thinking that electronics can be the first thing to suffer from lower voltage "brownouts" and that can happen with the random "starting" of the motor on the hybrid.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.....

On 2/23/2020 at 11:02 PM, Plus 3 Golfer said:

I assume you starred the car (ready to drive).   If so , your 12 V battery is OK and the DCDC converter is supplying power to all modules.

What Sync version do you have? Some older versions had connection issues with certain newer phones.

634604561_Sync.thumb.jpg.b64a68795dd30e35591d6aa2798c26d3.jpg

I will have to check on my Sync version.....this morning, the Fuse 79 trick made the whole thing work again. What a crazy and unreliable thing this seems to me.

-Quentin