Problem with Sync on 2013 Cmax Energi

We currently have a 2013 Cmax Energi with no navigation. Over the past few weeks, when playing music using a USB thumb drive or hard drive, I get some sort of error flashing on the screen (Comes up and leaves too quick to read), then the system shuts off, reboots, says it is doing scheduled maintenance, then works OK for about 10-15 minutes before it does it all again. I do not have the problem if nothing is plugged into the USB ports and I am playing the CD player or radio. I just downloaded software update 5.11 and will install it this eve and hope it fixes the the problem, but have any of you seen this? Thanks!

Edit: I am going to assume this version should work with our car since the webpage had me put in the vehicle type and year after I logged into Syncmyride! ?

Edited by mikekoz

48 minutes ago, mikekoz said:

We currently have a 2013 Cmax Energi with no navigation. Over the past few weeks, when playing music using a USB thumb drive or hard drive, I get some sort of error flashing on the screen (Comes up and leaves too quick to read), then the system shuts off, reboots, says it is doing scheduled maintenance, then works OK for about 10-15 minutes before it does it all again. I do not have the problem if nothing is plugged into the USB ports and I am playing the CD player or radio. I just downloaded software update 5.11 and will install it this eve and hope it fixes the the problem, but have any of you seen this? Thanks!

Edit: I am going to assume this version should work with our car since the webpage had me put in the vehicle type and year after I logged into Syncmyride! ?

Mike,

I have a fairly new to me 2016 CMAX Hybrid and my sync system was running great for about a month and then late last week it started to go haywire. First the Bluetooth modem seem to go out....and the only thing that fixed that was to reboot the whole car. (Pulled the battery wire..though I bet there is another fuse besides #79 that I could have pulled)

It started to work, but then my SYNC software seemed to "go away" just like you describe....each time I would invoke it it would flash up on the screen quickly and then default back to the radio. In this case, pulling Fuse 79 did the trick and it has been working for for the last two days.

Good luck....BTW: where do you find software and instructions for updating it?

-Quentin

5.11?  What version do you currently have?  A quick search indicates 5.11 is for non MFT.  Go to the System Information Screen on your display and check version.  I have 3.08 installed and the latest version is 3.10 which is available for dealer free install for states that were in the Sync / MFT class action lawsuit.  

634604561_Sync.thumb.jpg.b64a68795dd30e35591d6aa2798c26d3.jpg

3 minutes ago, Plus 3 Golfer said:

I have 3.08 installed and the latest version is 3.10 which is available for dealer free install for states that were in the Sync / MFT class action lawsuit.  

Where can I find that list of states....I wonder if Massachusetts is one of them, and if not, I wonder if I can just travel to one of those states? (Or do I need to be registered in the state?)

Thanks,

-Quentin

1 hour ago, bigqueue said:

Mike,

I have a fairly new to me 2016 CMAX Hybrid and my sync system was running great for about a month and then late last week it started to go haywire. First the Bluetooth modem seem to go out....and the only thing that fixed that was to reboot the whole car. (Pulled the battery wire..though I bet there is another fuse besides #79 that I could have pulled)

It started to work, but then my SYNC software seemed to "go away" just like you describe....each time I would invoke it it would flash up on the screen quickly and then default back to the radio. In this case, pulling Fuse 79 did the trick and it has been working for for the last two days.

Good luck....BTW: where do you find software and instructions for updating it?

-Quentin

Here is the link I used:   https://owner.ford.com/support.html#/categories

Supposed to be an update to Sync3. I would assume if the software was not compatible with the vehicle, one would get a message during install stating so!  Or maybe not and my audio system goes POOF! ?  I just went there logged in under my account, choose my Cmax, and downloaded the files and instructions.  I will try the trick with the fuse!

Edited by mikekoz

1 hour ago, Plus 3 Golfer said:

5.11?  What version do you currently have?  A quick search indicates 5.11 is for non MFT.  Go to the System Information Screen on your display and check version.  I have 3.08 installed and the latest version is 3.10 which is available for dealer free install for states that were in the Sync / MFT class action lawsuit.  

I did receive that notification in the mail, but the link it gave me did not have the software there, or I could not find it.

2 hours ago, Plus 3 Golfer said:

I just did a search and found the same info you did, so what I downloaded will not work. Does anybody have a link to version 3.10?

6 hours ago, bigqueue said:

Where can I find that list of states....I wonder if Massachusetts is one of them, and if not, I wonder if I can just travel to one of those states? (Or do I need to be registered in the state?)

Thanks,

-Quentin

Mass. is one of them.  I think you can go to Ford website and check your eligibility. 

https://www.myfordtouchclassaction.com/

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

9 hours ago, Plus 3 Golfer said:

Mass. is one of them.  I think you can go to Ford website and check your eligibility. 

https://www.myfordtouchclassaction.com/

Nope...only for folks who bought before a date in 2013.....not on the car, but the buyer. (I am a recent buyer)

Thanks though.....I might still speak to my dealer. (They still owe me a mirror)