Hi,

the problem i have is the fuel gauge is showing me empty even i know i have still have way fuel in the tank. So my Dad hooked it up to the computer and the error code was P0463 what means something could be wrong with the fuel sensor level.

I checked already online how to get to it but there is nothing i can find what tells me how to get to it. I think its from the top so i need to remove the seats but even that is not online how to get the seats out.

you guys are really my last hope otherwise i have to go to the garage and let it get fixed, tried getting inspected today but they told me with the engine light they would not pass it.

Data: Ford C-max Hybrid SEL 2014

thx

thank you ! just put the seats up and the carpet.... no access to the fuel sending unit. i guess the only way to fix it, is taking off the fuel tank. 

dose anyone did this before taking the fuel tank off ?

Edited by Serakon
for got a question

Get a service manual on e-bay for about $10 for DVD version.  You need to remove tank to get to FP and sender.  The SM will also show many checks that can be done to narrow the issue starting with pinpoint test HX.

P0463 - Fuel Level Sensor A Circuit High

Description: This DTC sets when the FLI signal is greater than the maximum allowable calibrated parameter for a specified fuel fill percentage in the fuel tank.
Possible Causes:
  • Fuel pump (FP) module concern
  • Incorrectly installed fuel gauge
  • Damaged instrument panel cluster (IPC)
  • Overfilled fuel tank
  • Damaged fuel gauge
Diagnostic Aids: Monitor the FLI parameter identification (PID) with the ignition on, engine running. A concern is present if the FLI PID is less than 25% fill with a non-matching fuel gauge or the FLI PID is greater than 75% fill with a non-matching fuel gauge.
Application   Key On Engine Off Key On Engine Running Continuous Memory
All   GO to Pinpoint Test HX .