Unable to get a validation for Blue Oval website

ldm

Hey all,

I registered on the The Blue Oval website so I could get some info about the SEL we ordered.  They came back and said they would send me a validation email so I could log in.  But I have not received the email and it's been about 10 days or so.  I was wondering if any of you had the same problem.

Thanks

I just registered on Blue Oval Forums and got an email within about 10 minutes. It was in the inbox of my gmail. You can try sending feedback to the site admin to activate your account or send the email again.

FYI for everyone, there is a hidden C-Max forum there that only shows when logged in, but message traffic is a bit slow.

Tracking threads on Blue Oval used to be restricted to existing members who have established a record of active participation. This may have changed (I joined in 2008) but I believe you can't submit a tracking request until you've been a member and made at least 10 posts. The gentleman who helps the most, on the popular thread, may not respond to a request is from someone who has just joined, and/or anyone who joins and then makes a flurry of posts to meet the 10-post rule.

So, patience is the word I suppose. It may be quicker to contact the inventory manager or new car manager at your dealer.

Tracking threads on Blue Oval used to be restricted to existing members who have established a record of active participation. This may have changed (I joined in 2008) but I believe you can't submit a tracking request until you've been a member and made at least 10 posts. The gentleman who helps the most, on the popular thread, may not respond to a request is from someone who has just joined, and/or anyone who joins and then makes a flurry of posts to meet the 10-post rule.

So, patience is the word I suppose. It may be quicker to contact the inventory manager or new car manager at your dealer.

When asking the new car manager am I asking for the Vehicle Visibility Report?

Yes, ask them to look on the Vehicle Visibility Report.  If the order has been "pulled" and is in the Ford system, there should be a VIN and a status. The status usually starts as "scheduled to week xx/xx/2013", with the date being the first day of the build-it week. Next, the status should change to "scheduled to date January XX", with that date being the tentative build-it day. I was told that these statuses update every Thursday, and so far that has matched my experience.

If you ordered the car more than, say, 30 days ago, then the dealer is doing something wrong. A properly placed, successful order should have a VIN and be in the Ford system within about two weeks. Three weeks at the most.

I am sorry I should have said that I do have the vin and a scheduled build date.  But what I was curious to know was the shipping information.  The build date is 01/08/13 and I was wanting to track the delivery.  I had read where folks knew the rail car info and was actually tracking the train. 

It seemed like the Blue Oval guy should have opened it up to anyone with 10 posts on the car-specific forums as well.

Didn't seem to be much of interest on the generic forum except people asking for tracking info.

Our dealership has an Internet Sales dept with several people.  I emailed my salesman to pull the visibility report one Friday and he said it was still on the ramp waiting for a rail car.

The next Friday I tried again and it had already arrived at the destination freight yard, so I never got a chance to try tracking the train.

Once loaded on a railcar the visibility report will show the rail line and railcar number.  It will also start showing multiple reports per day as it progresses in transit.  My car was placed on Canadian National Railways and passed to Burlington Northern, but I was able to track it through the CSX 800 number trace system once the dealer sent me the report showing the railcar number and not rely just on my dealer's weekly updates.  My dealer has been good about sending weekly updates from the day I ordered it.  My car has reached Kent, Washington but has one final leg by container ship to get to Alaska.

Primary                 Secondary                                                                                          Vehicle Location                        Status Date/Time             ETA

In Transit               Passing (Canadian National Railways )                                                Miljct, MI                                        Dec-22-2012, 18:24 ET    Jan-12-2013 
In Transit               Passing (Canadian National Railways )                                                Vinewood, MI                                 Dec-22-2012, 17:55 ET    Jan-12-2013 
In Transit               Arrived at Intermediate Point (Canadian National Railways )                Flarock, MI                                    Dec-22-2012, 02:40 ET    Jan-12-2013 
In Transit               Shipped Rail - Railcar # TTGX986415 (Canadian National Railways ) Ramp 44, Woodhaven, MI             Dec-21-2012, 19:00 ET    Jan-12-2013 
In Transit               Received - Driver (Autoport Limited )                                                   Ramp 44, Woodhaven, MI             Dec-13-2012, 07:41 ET    Jan-12-2013 
In Transit               Received - Map/hr/h66 (Voith Industrial Services Inc )                         Ramp 4G, Mi Assebly Plnt, MI        Dec-11-2012, 18:27 ET    Jan-12-2013 
Awaiting Shipment Released                                                                                              Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI Dec-11-2012, 00:00 EST  Jan-12-2013 
In Production         Produced                                                                                              Ford Michigan Assembly Plant, MI Dec-11-2012, 00:00 EST  Jan-12-2013
Edited by donhak

Hey all,

I registered on the The Blue Oval website so I could get some info about the SEL we ordered.  They came back and said they would send me a validation email so I could log in.  But I have not received the email and it's been about 10 days or so.  I was wondering if any of you had the same problem.

Thanks

Hi,

We have fixed your validation manually so that you can now post ;)

I just registered on Blue Oval Forums and got an email within about 10 minutes. It was in the inbox of my gmail. You can try sending feedback to the site admin to activate your account or send the email again.

FYI for everyone, there is a hidden C-Max forum there that only shows when logged in, but message traffic is a bit slow.

Robert did fix the C-MAX forum being hidden to guests on BlueOvalForums.com

Yes,

the site does require that you make 10 posts before requesting tracking information.

I am sorry I should have said that I do have the vin and a scheduled build date.  But what I was curious to know was the shipping information.  The build date is 01/08/13 and I was wanting to track the delivery.  I had read where folks knew the rail car info and was actually tracking the train. 

Don posted a copy of his visibility report and you will need that when it is put on the rail car (in red in his report), once you have that rail car number you can phone the CSX 1-800 phone number and follow the taped message cues.  I used to phone 4 times a day to listen to how far my car had made it.  I'll look for Scooter's old post to try to find the CSX phone number and put it here if I find it.  It was a lot of fun to track and see how slowly those trains move.  Here is the info to track on the train http://www.raptorfor...ead.php?t=13007

Edited by Laurel

Telephone railcar tracking

CSX

1. Call the CSX 1-800-235-2352 

2. When prompted for location or weight, press "1" on your phone for location or just say location.

3. When prompted for the car initials, say CN (or whatever initials you have) then wait for the next prompt. 

4. When prompted for the car number, say 907048 (or whatever your number is)

5. When prompted for next car say DONE.

6. That's it; enjoy your updated status report.

Union Pacific

1. Call UP at 1 800 877-5123

2. Follow phone prompts for Trace

3. Say the railcar number complete and clearly. Example CN123456 all together 

4. Listen for your update

Edited by donhak