Picking up new C-Max this morning

wamba2000

In Phoenix AZ, picking up my new SEL Sterling Grey with 303 pkg and glass roof. In this market, C-Max is very hard to find and SEL's are most rare.  I managed to find one at a dealer that was inbound for stock, and made my deal.

This is my first Hybrid, so I will be trolling the board to pick up suggestions/tips/advice, plus I will share driving impressions and mileage as time progresses.

Thank you all in advance for the items you have posted so far, I am encouraged for the most part by what I've read.

This is my first Ford since a 1988 Mercury (have had domestics and imports)...wow, I'm getting old!

Thanks

In Phoenix AZ, picking up my new SEL Sterling Grey with 303 pkg and glass roof. In this market, C-Max is very hard to find and SEL's are most rare.  I managed to find one at a dealer that was inbound for stock, and made my deal.

This is my first Hybrid, so I will be trolling the board to pick up suggestions/tips/advice, plus I will share driving impressions and mileage as time progresses.

Thank you all in advance for the items you have posted so far, I am encouraged for the most part by what I've read.

This is my first Ford since a 1988 Mercury (have had domestics and imports)...wow, I'm getting old!

Thanks

Damn lucky, I ordered my C-MAX, November 7th and I received my VIN, January 3. and I have no news.

At this point I would go to Ford Corporate to verify the order is in correctly.

I find their twitter help useful @FordService

I have asked several times. After many unreturned phone calls, texts and emails I Have stopped asking. They promised two cars delivered by jan. feb first is fast approaching.

Roggie do you check occasionally for your window sticker?  I used to enter my VIN every couple of days and then one day voila it was there.

Roggie 51

http://www.researchmaniacs.com/Ford/TrackFactoryCarOrders.html

From Cmaxchat.com.........how to track your order with the vin #

Yes I check every day. I hope to have a surprise soon

Natasha has been kind enough to help me each week look for an update. She suggested asking them for the verification order do-hicky. I already did. And I asked to please check to make sure the order was placed correctly. They just keep telling me they are checking on it or they will call me back or the sales manager is looking into it and calling their ford sales rep. Right! They promised delivery of two cars with one in December and one by the end of january. I will keep MY word and give them until that. After that, I will take my money elsewhere. I really don't think they will pull two cars out their arse in the next two weeks! Our local dealer handles them now. We will be checking with them.

I am southern raised. My daddy taught me a mans word was his worth. So far, they ain't worth a crap. I just hope my southern belle self can contain myself. I am sure my daddy will wipe the floor clean with them.

Edited by RachelnLa

Rachel, I feel for you. That's why I was p*ssy when we didn't get VIN. I understand stuff happens and things change, but I want people to be straight-up about it. I am glad that they were able to locate one because we'd be in the same position as you right now and I'd be snarling. I'm a big girl, I can deal with the real story, but please tell it to me, return my phone calls, and don't make up silly games. Tell me I am #1001 in a queue and I can make my own decisions, but don't give me the "I don't know when you can have a car" thing. Do you sell cars or don't you? Is auto manufacturing your business or not? YA KNOW?? I am happy with the car so far, but wtf with the order process?!?

I think we ordered about the same time as you (11/26). At that time Retail Order Verification was not possible on this car, according to our dealer. The CMax was eligible in the early days, but then it stopped. The little I gleaned is that the dealer has zero control over when the car will be made or when it will come. Our dealer guessed how long it would take, based on experience, but Ford does not commit to a build date until they darn well please. I think the bigger question is why Ford leaves their dealers hanging this way, when the dealers benefit from building customer trust. (If I'm right about the process.)

I'll go out on a limb and guess. Ford hasn't got a clue how many CMax it's going to sell. They know people like it, but they're also afraid that the mpg investigation is going to come back and bite them. They're building the CMax at the flexible Michigan plant, which means they're not committed to building any particular number of CMax-- they can build the Focus which is more of a sure thing. So they're hedging their bets by underproducing the CMax, because they'd rather have people sweating to own a scarce good and make a couple of angry customers, than overproduce and risk overstocking their dealers with cars that get bad publicity when the mpg thing comes through. They took a big risk already by taking the CMax hybrid-only in the US, so they've staked a lot on looking green, and they're going to go slow until they know they can control the message.

I just made that up.

If it were me running Ford, and that were my story, I wouldn't change my plan. But I'd treat my dealers differently.

Lmao! Love it. I agree, ford needs to be giving feedback to the dealers also but the dealers need to be honest and say they have no clue what's going on. At least ACT concerned. Show some sincerity. Return a phone call, research, find out all you can. Do not kee p telling me "it's ordered." I emailed once a week, when that email went unanswered after four days I texted. Those soon went unanswered also. My husband even called the general manager and he acted like it was no big deal, cars take months to come in.

If it were MY business and at the meetings you know they have where they report sales etc, if a car was on order for weeks I would be riding my workers to handle up on it. Just staying in contact means so much. It's part of building that relationship. I feel like a scorned lover lol.

Rachel, I went through a similar deal as yours when the PT Cruiser was released and I had to have one!

Ordered two weeks after the introduction, the dealer kept hedging on the "when".  Finally got the message to not call, the car would "show up when it gets there".  Kind of hard when you are selling the car it is replacing.

By coincidence, we had a Durango that had a zone office involved service issue at the same time,  When they called about it one afternoon, I posed the question of delivery.  Seems like there is a magical formula on how many cars a dealer can order in what priority ( probably based on past sales).  The Zone people were very helpful, they want happy cusotmers and can't do much for what a dealer would tell you.  End of story the zone guy got my PT "preferenced" for build and it showed up about 3 weeks after, he even tracked where it was and would call and leave word.

DO a reach out to your Ford Zone office, see if they can see your order in the system ( they should be able to) and if they can give you any info.  Good luck.

BTW- just hit 300 miles with the C-Max and the gas guage is still on half a tank!  Awesome!!