Sad in SA!

Hollywoodtx

Well got a call about my c-max and not good. It made it to SA last week but for some reason Ford asked for it back and it was put right back on the rail on it was back to the plant. The dealer said it was recalled??? any clue about recalls???

Well to say I am one pissy person right now is an understatement. I was told it could be a mistake and it could be back here in less than 1 week or if they haver to have another one built we may be loooking at 6 weeks :( So they gave me a 2013 Edge to drive till all is settled.I so wanted to be driving it this week.....I will just keep reading the posts and take in all that I can till mine is home.

Sorry to hear that. I know how hard the wait can be, but it is better to fix a potential problem now than wait until after you get it. I ordered one of the first Saturns and really loved it. Then after about a month or so, they recalled it, gave me a (vastly inferior) rental car and built a new one for me because it had the wrong antifreeze. The waiting was even tougher the second time, but who knows what problems I missed because they did that?

Well got a call about my c-max and not good. It made it to SA last week but for some reason Ford asked for it back and it was put right back on the rail on it was back to the plant. The dealer said it was recalled??? any clue about recalls???

Well to say I am one pissy person right now is an understatement. I was told it could be a mistake and it could be back here in less than 1 week or if they haver to have another one built we may be loooking at 6 weeks :( So they gave me a 2013 Edge to drive till all is settled.I so wanted to be driving it this week.....I will just keep reading the posts and take in all that I can till mine is home.

Friggin wierd! It made it from the plant to the dealer and now the plant wants it back?  :headscratch:

Wow...sorry to hear about the delays. 

darrelld - whats the story there..thats bad news man. I hope they fix it right this time. I have no plans to visit Ford until 10,000 myself so fingers crossed.

There is a whole thread on this;

http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/491-check-engine-light/?hl=inlet&do=findComment&comment=1825

Seems like a batch of bad parts, the last repair lasted for about a month. After the repair I noticed my fillups were completely inconsistent. The fuel nozzle would shut off in a second or two and you would have to repeat that cycle over and over until the trip gallons consumed matched the pump.

In an ironic contrast my 2010 VW Jetta TDI was in the shop a total of 3 times for 2 years of ownership. Twice for an air bag sensor light and once because the factory left out my seat heater fuse.

I had high hopes Ford's quality was better than VW, only time will reveal if that's true.

Edited by darrelld