new to the forum

KCmax

Hi to all,

We are Yo and Art in Homestead, FL.  We ordered our C-Max Christmas eve with a delivery date 8 weeks hence.

We have been Ford owners, with few exceptions for many years.  We will be trading in a Five Hundred with 66,000 and have had very few issues.  We have a Mustang GT, the wife's, and will be keeping that (under threat of my life if I get rid of it.)

We have been reading everything we can find and have some concerns but it is a new car here.  We did ride in one in Italy last year.  It was being used as a private limo around Rome.  We loaded it with 5 adults and lots of luggage on the highway with no power issues.

We will be lurking here and waiting impatiently.

Art

Welcome Yo and Art! Your new C-Max is worth the wait.............I waited 6 weeks for mine and drove my salesman nuts. There is a ton of information on this site, as well as

http://cmaxchat.com/

and

http://www.mpgomatic.com/

Once you have your VIN # there are sites that will tell you the build date and allow you to print off the window sticker, which is useful in making sure your order is correct.

You have lots of reading and watching to do, but it will help the time pass and at the same time get you you even more excited to receive your new car.

Again, Welcome!

• 1 month later...

Adair,

IT'S HHHHHEEEEEEERRRRRRREEEEEE.

It took 7 weeks 4 days and 14 hours.  We are very happy so far.  Being consumate geeks, we are still overwhelmed with the technology.  Took some friends (even though they own a new Prius) for a ride Sunday and they said they were very impressed.  Maybe a convert?

There are some minor things.  I wish there was a way to defeat the idiot proof control setting on the navigation while moving.  The co-pilot (passenger) tried to enter a destination and won't work.  Voice control iffy.

Anyway, We're enjoying the ride.

Yo and Art

Congratulations!!! 7 weeks may have seemed like forever, but it's not as long as some have waited, so I'm glad for you!

I know what you mean about the navigator. That surprised me too, the first time my husband tried to input an address while I was driving. Now that we know the voice commmands it's going better.

My pet peeve is that the climate fan defaults to HIGH. I would much prefer medium, or even low....but..

Have fun learning about your new ride!!

Adair, I don't know if we are talking apples to apples here, but when I turn on climate control it defaults to the lowest fan setting.  I go back & forth between the off button on the right, and the fan button on the left (to turn it on).  If I want more fan I have to button it up.  I'm guessing there are several ways to 'turn climate control on'.  Nick

Edited by C-MaxSeattle

If you turn on the climate system with the power button, it seems to come on in Auto mode, which generally kicks it into high fan immediately. But you can also turn it on by touching the fan up or fan down buttons, which skips the Auto mode and allows a gentle startup.

I turn the climate control off when I stop. In the cold weather I don't want the ICE cutting on until I need it too. I use my scangage to see when the ICE has warmed up enough to provide heat.

No one needs a Scangauge to see if the engine is warm enough for heat in EV mode. I use the MyView screen with the engine temp. When the bar is above approx. the first line, the engine is warm enough.

The only time I've seen the fan on high when turning the climate control on is if I had max defrost on when I shut it off. I try to always make sure I turn max defrost off and leave it in regular Auto mode before shutting climate control off.

This has been my experience too. If I want start up with quick defrost(especially with remote start in winter) I leave it on high fan with defrost or Max defrost. Otherwise it's on Auto which means virtually no fan until the car has warmed up.

No one needs a Scangauge to see if the engine is warm enough for heat in EV mode. I use the MyView screen with the engine temp. When the bar is above approx. the first line, the engine is warm enough.

Yep, I agree. Sometimes the engine is warmed enough..then drive EV and its cooled and needs to be warmed up again. Happens to me all the time, especially when temps < 50F. No big deal, the ICE has got to do what it has to do...unless you get ptjones grill covers.

I didn't say you needed a scangauge, I just said I used it. And actually if you watch the temp gauge closely, the little temp symbol changes from blue to white when the engine is warm enough to use EV mode. 

The only time I've seen the fan on high when turning the climate control on is if I had max defrost on when I shut it off. I try to always make sure I turn max defrost off and leave it in regular Auto mode before shutting climate control off.

Mine will come on high when its 80 degrees outside, of course to try to cool it off quicker.  Although something tells me you guys are talking more about warming the car then cooling it down.... :doh: