Why did Ford use the old incandescent bulbs in the C Max exterior lighting??

Cost.

LED are expensive. They have a lot of money sunk into the C-Max hybrid and Energi platform. All the R&D and tooling, etc etc.

To keep the price competitive with other products on the market they trimmed costs wherever possible.

I bet there are LED versions on the first model refresh.

I wish they had offered them as available options, I would have paid for them...

Well, I never used it for drafting with my 2011 Explorer that had it.  I could see the 1 line Gap setting being used to do that with the C-Max and Semis though.  I usually kept the Gap set to 2 or 3 and just relaxed.  I really really loved the ACC and was thrilled to see it on the Fusion Titanium.  When I saw that the C-Max fit my needs more than the Fusion, I forgot about the ACC.  Now I would love to see if back.  Especially seeing how the Eco-Cruise really helps to maintain good MPGs over what my heavy foot will do.

Just wondering, for as technologically advanced as the C Max is, I am surprised that Ford still chose to use the old power hungry incandescent bulbs in the turn, stop and running lights.  Anyone know why?

Cost and because "old power hungry incandescent bulbs" work just fine for most folks... :)  I have HID's on my SHO, and prefer them to regular lighting, but it hard to justify the additional cost on a C-Max.   Plus customer issues, when "Joe Average" finds out a HID headlight bulb, not covered by the warranty, is $150 (OEM Not eBay Chinese Junk) he would go nuts.  That is one reason most manufactures only offer HID on their higher end vehicles...  Same for LEDs to a lesser degree... 

Edited by RedLdr1