Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

CMAX OEM tires are VERY efficient!

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#101 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,327 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:46 PM

... First wet corner I took in my new CMax and stability control was all there was to save my butt. ...

Does recall 14S04 apply to your car? It applies to the stability control module, which had malfunctioned in my car. Prior to the malfunction, I had experienced stability control. It was most disconcerting to feel the brakes when I knew neither foot was on the pedal. Perfectly dry conditions, driving under control, until overruled by the car's "safety" systems. Nothing untoward since it was repaired...

And I've thankfully been spared your wet weather performance; these tires meet my needs. 

Have fun,

Frank

• ptjones likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#102 OFFLINE   kaptnk228

kaptnk228

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationCanada
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:53 AM

I do not have any problems with efficiency, just the replacement price.  2013 cmax sel 56227 miles and still could get a bit more miles.  Changed over to Continental Purecontact on 11 Sept 2017.  No noticeable loss in mpg's.  Driven about 400 miles on new Purecontact tires, noticed that we do not feel most of the road joints like before.  Handling is great.  Feels like you have tiger paws on each wheel.  Tires rated for 70 k miles.  Price was important along with LRR and performance.  $550 from walmart plus $40 to balance and -$70 visa card as we bought them in August 2017 when rebate was on.  Consumers Report say both tires very similar.  Still have a bit of noise at the back but less now with new tires.   :)  :)  :wub2:

• obob likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·