Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Seriously, WELCOME!!

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#181 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 13 September 2018 - 03:20 AM

Welcome

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#182 OFFLINE   C-MaxA2

C-MaxA2

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationAnn Arbor, MI
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 15 September 2018 - 11:18 AM

A 'new' C-Max owner here.  Bought a 2016 (delivered to the dealer in Oct. of 2015...) from a Toyota dealer in OH for $15,750 (we live in Michigan) in late June of this year.  Astonishingly, it had 2,200 miles since that date.  I checked several sources and verified with Ford that it was still under warranty (til July of 2019).  We just passed 4,000 miles.  An SE model with the old Sync version with no upgrade path but we don't care for or need all those bells and whistles. More stuff to break and cause you issues.

So far we love it - quiet, very easy to drive and we're getting around 43 mph both on the highway and around town. 

'Kona blue' - didn't like it at first but now it looks great. 

The car had an odd tire (it was leased for 10 months and the person who leased it must have wrecked the tire and bought a cheap Kelly tire instead of the OEM Michelin) so I got another Michelin and a new wheel and turned the Kelly into a spare and got a jack (already have a great manual pump) and have practiced jacking it up. Heavy car compared to our 2004 Ford Focus ZTW wagon!  Found the nice triangles indicating the lift points and want to paint them white so they're easier to see. 

I've experimented with the ECO setting versus 'normal' and when you go back to 'normal' it's quite a contrast!  Rocket time.

I've learned a ton from this forum and it's sad to see it slowly declining since we're now orphans.  I did make up a license plate frame noting that this is a car built in Michigan (Wayne), USA.  

Thanks to all the people who have contributed knowledge here. 

#183 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 433 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 17 September 2018 - 07:07 AM

Welcome, some of us aren't leaving anytime soon. I wanted the Kona Blue but my wife liked the Ice Storm so that's what we have.

#184 OFFLINE   16redsel

16redsel

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 10 posts
  • LocationOH
  • My C-MAX's Year:2016
  • Current Vehicle:2016 SEL 302A

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:09 AM

Welcome, C-MaxA2

I also have a 2016 (SEL Ruby Red metallic) and love it. Bought in March 2017 and I paid $19500. Sounds like you got a great deal but hard

to believe the car only had just over 2000 on it. Mine had 22,300 on it and was also a fleet car. Whenever I take it to local Ford dealer for general

service, they don't explicitly say anything about upgrading the Sync software, but it appears they do. First time I took it in, I was having an issue

where it would go into "limp" mode (wrench service symbol on dash and car still runs but won't perform correctly). Turning the CMax off and back

on would fix it for awhile. Dealer said it was a "throttle body" problem and replaced that under warranty. Haven't seen the problem since then.

Took it in again six months later and had just routine ("The Works" - $40 with coupon they sent me) service. Didn't say anything about upgrading

software. Later noticed that I now had an "EV+" mode it would go into when approaching a frequent destination. I'm pretty sure it didn't do that

before that trip to the dealer. "EV+" mode doesn't seem very useful anyway.

My wife and I think this is the perfect car for us, being in our late 60's. High roof, ease of entry and exit, comfort and good climate control. Worst feature

in my opinion is the "Panoramic fixed roof" (not sure if your SE has this option) because it doesn't actually open. Also no spare or jack kinda freaked me out

at first.

Still, we really like the CMax, and I average about 44mpg, but it still has plenty of power for passing and accelerating onto highway. Hope you enjoy driving

yours!

#185 OFFLINE   stolenmoment

stolenmoment

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 72 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationBoston
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:Maxwell Smart

Posted 17 September 2018 - 08:42 AM

I have EV+ on my 2013 Energi, but I don't know if the Hybrids are different.  The nice thing about EV+ is that it raises the ICE turn-on threshold, letting you drain the HVB more than it usually would, on the assumption that you're about to park it (and for Energi, plug it in).  I have a weekly trip that is *just* at the edge of my EV range, and EV+ often lets me drain the last few electrons out of my HVB.

• ptjones likes this

#186 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,421 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 04 October 2018 - 06:27 PM

We non-plug-ins only get EV+ when we're close to home, work, or any other place we routinely stop the car (it learns after ~11 times). It's under GPS control, no button. 

Frank

• ptjones likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·