Seriously, WELCOME!!

Adair

Howdy from North Central Texas,

Purchased a 2013 C-MAX last Thursday, as I wanted a Hybrid that could be Towed.  Found this forum while looking for base plate information.  Glad to have a forum which will help me learn much about the C-MAX and towing it.  Have had forums for two RVs and find them very helpful. I will be looking and probable asking questions for some time, as I want to be prepared to hit the road.

I am 76 years young and retired from the Air Force. Will  be back on the road as soon as I get the tow package set up.  Any ideas on a good company in the DFW area to purchase and install base plate and wiring?  Want to be sure to use someone who knows something about doing it.  I just don't get involved in the mechanical end of things anymore, due to worn out body.  

Glad to be in this forum.

Bobwyre

Hello to all of you and thank you for the "Welcome". I am a 7 months new owner of a C-Max hybrid (my first hybrid) and also has been a long time since I've been on a forum so please forgive me as I sit with trembling fingers and a rattling brain trying to remember the how-to's . I am from the warmer part of the map on the edge of Phoenix,Arizona. I was looking for some information on dead batteries and stumbled on this wonderful site. Never did I think I would own a hybrid though. My husband is 6'6" and we were looking for something larger then what this C-max is. But we were totally surprised when he could actually fit getting in it. Some cars are shaped where it's just too difficult for him to tuck his head every time he get in and the there's no leg room. He actually gets some good leg room on this. I have to admit I'd never heard of this car when we first saw it but in all fairness I've never heard of most the names on cars anymore there are so many. We do A LOT of driving so needed something decent on gas. We've learned over the months how to get more bang for our buck. I do have to say it's not too comfortable on the longer trips. Just doesn't have the thicker padded seats. But glad to save the $$$ on gas and took a few times to remember that the gas is on the "other" side when I pull into the pumps. 

Well, gotta go research the battery info. Thought it would be easy to jump it but I'm finding out otherwise. We just got a call from Ford service that they're sending someone over to get it started. So glad I found this site. Looks like a lot of friendly folks here.

NICE TO MEET YOU ALL---HAVE A GREAT SUMMER  :headspin: 

Sincerely,

The Newbie in Arizona~~~Joyce  :noobie: 

im sad they killed the Escape Hybrid. It would have been nice to have the sligtly larger size AND the hybrid gas mpg numbers

Interesting move !

I have long maintained that the C-Max is essentially a hybrid version of the 2013 Escape.  Others disagreed.

I would be extremely interested to read your personal comparison review of the C-Max and the 2013 Escape (mpg and recall issues aside).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Newbie to this forum. My C-Max was my Christmas present to me. I figured it would take a while to learn how to bring the mileage up above the 34mpg overall that I'm seeing now. Then I found this site. The 45-plus numbers I saw here made me wonder what I was doing wrong (...I've always beat the EPA numbers with my cars). Then I got 52mpg coming home to Denver over Memorial Day. So, I guess its "have patience and read the how-tos" on this site. As y'all know, this car is too much fun to worry about what the critics say.

--David

Hi! Newbie to this forum. My C-Max was my Christmas present to me. I figured it would take a while to learn how to bring the mileage up above the 34mpg overall that I'm seeing now. Then I found this site. The 45-plus numbers I saw here made me wonder what I was doing wrong (...I've always beat the EPA numbers with my cars). Then I got 52mpg coming home to Denver over Memorial Day. So, I guess its "have patience and read the how-tos" on this site. As y'all know, this car is too much fun to worry about what the critics say.

--David

Screw the critics, my personal case, I've blown all the rubbish MPGs away. I drive City predominanty and today I drove 76.5 miles. Went to work, drove to the tailor at lunch and then a drive to the chiro and then back home. Finished the day with 66.5 MPGs, 59.1 miles in EV. Freaky good, God I :love_shower:  this car. Welcome to the forum...soon you'll be hypermiling like the rest of us. Oh, when it gets cold in Denver, some grill covers may be recommended, just don't go climbing 5+ mile steep grades at full throttle.... ;)  (you'll get what I mean if you do a lil search).

.................................. So, I guess its "have patience and read the how-tos" on this site. As y'all know, this car is too much fun to worry about what the critics say.

--David

Soooooooooo right David!     :congrats:  on your Christmas present.  Ours was a deferred C P too being in January (2013).  Enjoy your C-Max whether you are juicing it on the freeway on-ramps, or Maxxxxxing out the MO (momentum) for MPGs!

Congratz to you too rjdeeme29.  Welcome to you both!

Maxxing the MO most of the time,

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 4 weeks later...

Hi folks! Just bought a 2014 Ice Storm SE last weekend. We are having a good time getting to know the car, our first hybrid. Great to find this forum. During 9 years of owning a good ol' Mazda MPV minivan, I found lots of helpful info on the MPV Owner Club website, so I was excited to find such an active forum for the C-Max. I'm a big DIYer. Only problem so far is my wife is finding it hard to get comfortable in the driver's seat. I posted on it in the Interior section. Cheers!

Just wanted to say thanks to Jus-A-Cmax & C-MaxSea and all the others who've participated on this forum.  After playing with their suggestions I took a field trip to the mountains:  200 miles, over the continental divide twice, two-lane and freeway driving....44.4 mpg overall. 

I'll put the details in the MPG thread.  I just wanted to encourage the other newbies to explore the forum.  Y'all have got some good stuff out there.

--d

Another new member here. 

Picked up my 2013 Ruby Red SE last Monday. It has 203A package with moon roof. 

Came from a lease on a 2013 SEL Escape. Interior seems identical except for trunk space.

First fill up was today. 579.1 miles and put 12 gallons back in for 48.26 MPG average!

Looks like I can hit the 600 club easily on this tank full  :)

Great work David, welcome & congratz Wnuk - 48 mpgs first tank, dynamite!!!  You and your foot were obviously made for the C-Max.  :victory:

Lots of exc. info. here on every aspect of the C-Max.  Just got back from British Columbia and had about 48 mpg going for the trip, then lost a bit when we had to hit the AC button on the way home, still logged another 600 mile tank, mostly freeway.   :love_shower: our C-Max.

Nick

Edited by C-MaxSea

...ah, there were days when all these young grasshoppers were dreaming about the 600 tank, like dreaming to fly to the moon. Now it's like a drive to the corner coffee shop.

I know what you mean,LOL.  In the next couple of weeks I'm going for a 1,000mile tank. I have already done 909mi. and should be able to get to 950mi anyways  with latest improvements. I will be going to FL and back. :)

Paul 

I know what you mean,LOL.  In the next couple of weeks I'm going for a 1,000mile tank. I have already done 909mi. and should be able to get to 950mi anyways  with latest improvements. I will be going to FL and back. :)

Paul 

Good luck Paul, and bring plenty of COLD water. No AC and slow speeds...ugh. Thats too much, I'll stick to my city driving.

Welcome to all the new members who recently joined in the past few weeks. Best wishes and happy high MPGs to you all. Enjoy your new hybrid car/experiences.

Lots of GREAT and helpful info here for sure for all of you to learn from the masters of MPG like Jus-A-CMax and ptjones. they are the gurus of gas-less :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Greetings!  So you all need to know who I am and where I am coming from, huh?  Okay, I am Ger, which is half of Gerald, but I prefer Ger and do not growl at me!  I can always tell when people I meet for the first time have been online and call me "Grrrr"!  I'm married (for over 40 years!) and retired (from a County business for 40 years, as well!)  I drive a '12 Focus and formerly owned a '07 Escape Hybrid.  I live in So Ca and have all my life.  I'm getting more serious about purchasing a C-Max, and joining this forum might help me out.  I'll be checking around various threads and you'll see me from time to time asking questions and making comments.  SEEE ya!

Ger  "BoomerGer" Brassfield

The Southern Cal Connection

Welcome aboard Ger.  Now, if only you can escape the clutches of Priiiiworld there in sunny SoCal.   Not sure if I'm allergic to them or if it is just that velour (or is it velourette ?) inside them - gives me the creepy shivers just glancing in them.

Are you good for a C-Max Ger ?

Enjoy the forum,

Nick

((Yesterday noticed a tow truck in the neighborhood stopped at neighbor Colin's house.  Had to see what was up and asked Colin - their Priiius had a dead 12 volt battery and was being towed to the dealer.  I have to get more of that story next time I see him))

Edited by C-MaxSea

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,we bought our 2014 sel a week ago and love it so far.I found the car we wanted in Nebraska so we drove from Indiana to pick it up.Driving back at 75mph we only got 34mpg, I'm not unhappy about that seeing that we're getting about 52mpg around the city. It's already been to Ford for a malfunctioning hatch sensor. My only dislike so far is that remote start cost $700 dollars and has another key fob.

Edited by markd

Hi,we bought our 2014 sel a week ago and love it so far.I found the car we wanted in Nebraska so we drove from Indiana to pick it up.Driving back at 75mph we only got 34mpg, I'm not unhappy about that seeing that we're getting about 52mpg around the city. It's already been to Ford for a malfunctioning hatch sensor. My only dislike so far is that remote start cost $700 dollars and has another key fob.

Welcome! Wow, that is quite a trek! We live just north-west of Indianapolis, but found our C-MAX just 15 miles away in Brownsburg.

34mpg isn't bad for sustained 75mph on a brand new engine, and not far off the EPA 37mpg highway, though many people in these forums regularly achieve higher numbers.

Yesterday we drove up to Michigan City to see my step daughter and the car preformed flawlessly. I'm amazed and how much power it has when passing. Two hours on a two lane highway means that you have to pass a lot of trucks and it effortlessly sped to 80mph, and I still averaged 47mpg! So far I love this car, an average trip to the grocery I can get 70mpg.