1 kick Power liftgate stories...

Today I had to go shopping at Vallarta and I bought some veges, a sack of Idaho potatoes and a 23lb watermelon. Paid for the groceries and I had 3 plastic bags, 1 plastic sack of potatoes and a huge watermelon...no trolley in sight :superhero:

No worries...had a great work out session in the gym so I am ready for a little big more weight.

On my left hand I carries the plastics bags and sack of potatoes. On my right, I grabbed onto the watermelon to my side.

Handsand arms were full...and I started walking back to the car.

Damn...the keys are in my zipped pocket. Oh, I own a CMax...with a powerlift gate....funny about that....I don't need my key..... :dance:

Walked to the back, 1 kick and :rating: it opened! So I unloaded the watermelon first (nearly rolled out....the little b*gger) and then the groceries.

Sorry, I had to post this - I totally  :wub2:  this hands free power liftgate. 

Also, no more 1 or 2 kick or "it does not work" roundhouse or spinning kicks...its :airquote: jus  plain WORKS :yahoo:  with 1 kick now :happy feet:

Anymore 1 kick stories out there?

Today I had to go shopping at Vallarta and I bought some veges, a sack of Idaho potatoes and a 23lb watermelon. Paid for the groceries and I had 3 plastic bags, 1 plastic sack of potatoes and a huge watermelon...no trolley in sight :superhero:

No worries...had a great work out session in the gym so I am ready for a little big more weight.

On my left hand I carries the plastics bags and sack of potatoes. On my right, I grabbed onto the watermelon to my side.

Handsand arms were full...and I started walking back to the car.

Damn...the keys are in my zipped pocket. Oh, I own a CMax...with a powerlift gate....funny about that....I don't need my key..... :dance:

Walked to the back, 1 kick and :rating: it opened! So I unloaded the watermelon first (nearly rolled out....the little b*gger) and then the groceries.

Sorry, I had to post this - I totally  :wub2:  this hands free power liftgate. 

Also, no more 1 or 2 kick or "it does not work" roundhouse or spinning kicks...its :airquote: jus  plain WORKS :yahoo:  with 1 kick now :happy feet:

Anymore 1 kick stories out there?

How about just shopping anywhere where you get to the C-Max with an arm load? 

It's interesting now that even with the C-Max locked, it only takes one swipe/kick to open up the liftgate, instead of the 2 it used to require.

Concerning placement of keys, I have mine on a carbineer on the hip.

JusCMax, since the recent Owner Update, my liftgate has worked with one kick every time.

Only issue was a trip home from Costco, unfortunately, they are now are using the Sam's club model and are hoarding boxes, you have to ask specifically for them to box stuff,  and I had a jar of the wonderful 505 Green Chile that decided to roll out when the liftgate opened.  My reflexes weren't fast enough and it broke on teh concrete-----aarrghh, that chile smelled so good, but wne t to the trash.

I will make sure these thing get boxed form now on.

JusCMax, since the recent Owner Update, my liftgate has worked with one kick every time.

Only issue was a trip home from Costco, unfortunately, they are now are using the Sam's club model and are hoarding boxes, you have to ask specifically for them to box stuff,  and I had a jar of the wonderful 505 Green Chile that decided to roll out when the liftgate opened.  My reflexes weren't fast enough and it broke on teh concrete-----aarrghh, that chile smelled so good, but wne t to the trash.

I had this happen once to me...I just purchased a bottle of peach schnapps, tossed it in the back. On that day I thought I would wash the car....so I parked on the driveway.

Popped open the liftgate and I heard a CLUNK....so I :headscratch: ...then I realized.... :kookie: ...then I ..... :gaah: .....then I :swear:  but then I .... :finger:

The driveway had the :airquote:  slightest slope, I swear.

Back I went and got another bottle....ssssh....learnt my :rtfm:

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

It's interesting now that even with the C-Max locked, it only takes one swipe/kick to open up the liftgate, instead of the 2 it used to require.

Yeah..go for it :rockon:

More recently when I do shopping at Costco, I will grab an empty box off the sales floor & take it with me up to the register, prepackaged with the items I want in it.

Depending on the item size, I will put items in the small little compartment near the gas funnel, to eliminate items falling out.

Yeah..go for it :rockon:

I do the keys on the carbineer, so that I know I won't accidentally press buttons when getting to the key to lock/unlock, also makes it a bit faster to lock/unlock the car. Also this way I have more pocket room.

I had this happen once to me...I just purchased a bottle of peach schnapps, tossed it in the back. On that day I thought I would wash the car....so I parked on the driveway.

Popped open the liftgate and I heard a CLUNK....so I :headscratch: ...then I realized.... :kookie: ...then I ..... :gaah: .....then I :swear:  but then I .... :finger:

The driveway had the :airquote:  slightest slope, I swear.

Back I went and got another bottle....ssssh....learnt my :rtfm:

This is awesome, no reason to read the words, I can just see the pictures and get the full story.

Anywho, time for a net?

Edited by zhackwyatt

I have not had the liftgate update and have had the common "sometimes 1 but usually it takes 2 kicks" issue.  Anyway, I installed a Curt class II hitch receiver that is not "certified" for hands free use like some class I hitches.  Well, it still works (YEAH!) but the icing on the cake is it's been working better (more 1 kick successes even when the car has been asleep for long periods of time).  I literally kick/touch the rubber hitch cover (pictured with the words "Curt") with the front of my shoe.  Go figure?   :headscratch:

null_zps8ac2e948.jpg

I'll still get the update but I'm not in any big rush now.

Edited by fotomoto

I just got my liftgate update today.  I'll report back with the results.  I want to check when there has been a long sleep, before I confirm the fix.

Okay, maybe I am crazy, but I think that there has been a change in the way that the hybrid/ICE algorithm is working since getting the update.  (I only had the liftgate update, not 3.5.1.  My C-MAX came with 3.5.1, but was sent from the factory just days before the liftgate fix.)  The electric motor will now stay operating, so long as there is enough charge, for acceleration from stop to the speed limit--at least in the case of city driving.  Before, I could coax the speed up to about 15 miles per hour, and then ICE would kick in.  Now, it almost acts like EV+.

I'll know better after going on my typical route on Monday.  Just wanted to give you the latest.

I have not had the liftgate update and have had the common "sometimes 1 but usually it takes 2 kicks" issue.  Anyway, I installed a Curt class II hitch receiver that is not "certified" for hands free use like some class I hitches.  Well, it still works (YEAH!) but the icing on the cake is it's been working better (more 1 kick successes even when the car has been asleep for long periods of time).  I literally kick/touch the rubber hitch cover (pictured with the words "Curt") with the front of my shoe.  Go figure?   :headscratch:

null_zps8ac2e948.jpg

I'll still get the update but I'm not in any big rush now.

I wonder if it is being picked up by the sensor and preventing it from going to sleep since something is always down there.

What's all this "one kick", "two kick" stuff anyhow?  Mine opens with zero kicks! :lol: (Hey, easy with the rotten tomatoes - prefer green ones - they fry better!)

I know I don't belong in this thread but I do have a bit of a story.  When we first got the car my son asked, :drool:,  about the kick-to-open lift gate and was :sad: to find it missing (SS didn't want to :spend: ).  Fast forward to a week ago when five of us were packing for the beachhappy%20feet.gif :shift: :play: .  He walks up with arms loaded and proceeds to :stirpot: about how it won't open!  Now I'm starting to have second thoughts - but over closing, not opening.  Getting tired of jumping in, buckling up and then seeing the message, "Lift gate Open". :doh:

The "kickgate" can seem gimmicky, but there are times that it is quite practical. 

My building has a parking garage.  That means an elevator ride.  I try to make each trip down to the car count as much as I can.  If I have stuff to take down, chances are I am using an overloaded cart, and I am likely using both hands to keep things from falling.

What's all this "one kick", "two kick" stuff anyhow?  Mine opens with zero kicks! :lol: (Hey, easy with the rotten tomatoes - prefer green ones - they fry better!)

I know I don't belong in this thread but I do have a bit of a story.  When we first got the car my son asked, :drool:,  about the kick-to-open lift gate and was :sad: to find it missing (SS didn't want to :spend: ).  Fast forward to a week ago when five of us were packing for the beachhappy%20feet.gif :shift: :play: .  He walks up with arms loaded and proceeds to :stirpot: about how it won't open!  Now I'm starting to have second thoughts - but over closing, not opening.  Getting tired of jumping in, buckling up and then seeing the message, "Lift gate Open". :doh:

Initially when the C-Max was released, the Handsfree Liftgate, in order to operate with the C-Max locked, you had to swipe/kick twice to get the liftgate to open. With the module update, now even when the C-Max is locked, it only takes one swipe/kick.

Initially when the C-Max was released, the Handsfree Liftgate, in order to operate with the C-Max locked, you had to swipe/kick twice to get the liftgate to open. With the module update, now even when the C-Max is locked, it only takes one swipe/kick.

Snowstorm knows all this, he's just being "punny".   

When Ford first announced it, I instantly recognized the value because I previously owned a powered liftgate on a mini-van.  Adding the hands free feature makes it GREAT!

Edited by fotomoto

Ouch!  Hope she does well mnrobitaille.  Nice that the C-Max seats are as high as they are for her to get in and out.

This was her 2nd knee replacement (left knee), as she had her right knee done 9 months ago (right after we got Neytiri). so we have some experience on what all we can do to make the ride more comfortable for her (in fact that's one reason why we got the C-Max). 

When we picked her up from the hospital on Thursday, we have commodities for 2 families, one suitcase, 2 belongings bags, one Get Well bag, & a wheeled walker in the C-max plus 3 adults. Having the hands-free lift gate with the cargo cover made things easier to get the walker in & out of the back (we are using the cargo cover as a walker shelf).

Lots of errands yesterday.  One stop was for picking up about 50 pounds of Slowpoke's special vegan dog food, and another big box with a new sound system for my home (replacing one that got fried from a power surge, I suspect).  I brought the items out in a hand-cart, kicked the get open, and was able to easily slide the boxes in, thanks to my newly installed Canvasback cargo cover.

It is now a week since having the liftgate update performed.  100 percent track record . . . so far.  :thumbsup:

Edited by ScubaDadMiami