MSRP, Invoice, Dealers, Salesmen, Internet Pricing . . . Help!

Altazi

I had heard of it, never worried about it because we have always paid under sticker. When we got our Escape we got it for $28,000, sticker was almost 35k. But it is an 08, and we got it in July of 09. It only had 100 miles on it :) .

I just searched and found a Mustang forum. I found a code that let me check the X-plan price. I built out our car. Black SEL, with 303A, pano roof, remote start, exterior protection. Our sticker is $33,875. X plan comes in at $31,150. I planned on trying to get it for around 30k, not paying over 32k. We have not agreed on a price with the dealer, but I am confident I will get a good enough deal.

It has been built. I don't know where it is at the moment. But I can't wait till it gets here and I am growing a garden of my own. :)

Will do.  So far, I am liking the car very much.  The ride is comfortable and relatively quiet - there is only so much that can be done with a harsh concrete road surface, noise-wise.  Without doing anything heroic (?), my fuel mileage is currently approaching 40mpg, with just over 100 miles on the vehicle.  All of the bells and whistles are much appreciated.  I like the forward and rear ultrasonic distance sensors, and the backup camera is a wonder.  The ambient lighting is just a trip.  I am still learning about the MFT, but so far, so good.

Best of all, my wife likes the car, too  :)

We are taking it to the beach this weekend - first long (-ish) trip.  I'll report afterwards.

Ambient lighting for the footwells . . . LOL.  My wife thought that feature was crazy, but she selected purple.

We filled the tank today after putting 381.2 miles on the car.  The fuel gauge showed 1/4 remaining, and the fill took 9.6 gallons.  That works out to about 39.7 miles per gallon.  My wife was amazed that we could fill a tank on one of our vehicles for less than $40.  I don't think any of my previous comments about fuel economy, or the spreadsheet I did for analysis hat hit home with her until that moment.  Golden, indeed :)

why didn't you let it go down to 1/8th left or so to see the real mpg and range of the car? you had plenty of miles still to go.do you plan to reset your lifetime fuel economy once you get used to driving a hybrid like it needs to be and you become adjusted to your Cmax' quirks and nuances?

Ambient lighting for the footwells . . . LOL.  My wife thought that feature was crazy, but she selected purple.

We filled the tank today after putting 381.2 miles on the car.  The fuel gauge showed 1/4 remaining, and the fill took 9.6 gallons.  That works out to about 39.7 miles per gallon.  My wife was amazed that we could fill a tank on one of our vehicles for less than $40.  I don't think any of my previous comments about fuel economy, or the spreadsheet I did for analysis hat hit home with her until that moment.  Golden, indeed :)

• 2 years later...

You can find the incentives and rebats on Edmunds site by clicking on the MORE tab once you enter in a make and model and year in the main search bar at the top

here is the deals and incentives for the 2016 CMax Hybrids:

http://www.edmunds.com/ford/c-max-hybrid/2016/deals/

for the truecar site incentives look at the top left area after you select and build your car of choice

its to the right of : "Choose: Colors | Options" tabs under the "STYLE" text entry box