Canadian Refund Cheques

Laurel

I just booked Tip in for her first big upgrade servicing.  We have not done any upgrades as everything worked just fine.  So I held my nose and booked her.  The service representative said that the computer says that Canadian C-Maxers will start getting our cheques for $895 beginning October 15th.  She said all the upgrades i.e. MFT, tailgate, power train etc would take half a day.  I snorted and giggled and suggested she book a loaner for me as people on the C-Max forum have had more than a few glitches.  She giggled too and said the loaner sounded a good idea then.  $20 a day for the loaner.  So October 16th is our date to have Tip re-programed.  I hope I don't get a rogue C-Max back.LOL  She reassured me that a computer whiz would be working that day.

Isn't it obvious. Canadians are just that much more meaner and need more cash to make us happy. Don't mess with us canadians or we might have to come down there and burn down the White House again. Only teasing not sure why we get more here in Canada than you do in the states. Maybe our gas prices are higher and we drive further distances on average.

Cheers,

Bruce

Isn't it obvious. Canadians are just that much more meaner and need more cash to make us happy. Don't mess with us canadians or we might have to come down there and burn down the White House again. Only teasing not sure why we get more here in Canada than you do in the states. Maybe our gas prices are higher and we drive further distances on average.

Cheers,

Bruce

You guys burned the white house?  I must of been sick that day in American History class?  ;) Thought the British were the bad guys?  kidding no flames please. :victory:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Good news!

Received mine yesterday via FedEx! I'm in Quebec City and it is to my wife's name which start with a "T".

It comes with a letter explaining the reasons and the sticker fuel efficiency change for the 2013 C-Max. Nothing to sign.

This will pay for my winter tires.  :happy feet:

Edited by HalBran

No Dave we have no private car insurance in British Columbia.  The government makes us buy insurance through their corporation.  So no State Farm here.  We can buy third party under insured from one private insurer that exists.  But the government has a monopoly.  Our yearly insurance is about $1800 or $1900 and we have every discount possible for safe driving etc.  I can't imagine what some of the youug drivers have to pay here--probably $3000?

No Dave we have no private car insurance in British Columbia.  The government makes us buy insurance through their corporation.  So no State Farm here.  We can buy third party under insured from one private insurer that exists.  But the government has a monopoly.  Our yearly insurance is about $1800 or $1900 and we have every discount possible for safe driving etc.  I can't imagine what some of the youug drivers have to pay here--probably $3000?

Fascinating.  I looked at a province by province list and found that BC, Manitoba and Saskatchewan each have gov't insurance corporations.  Quebec has a mix - gov't does personal injury and private co's do property damage.  All the others have private insurance companies.