SE Ignition Question

dtorres

I have a question regarding the finish on the ignition switch on the SE model. The igntion switch on my vehicle seems unfinished (see photo attached). There's an open space around the igntion that seems like it should have some kind of cover to finish it off. On our Taurus X there's a rubber collar that fills the space around the ignition switch and overlaps on to the plastics around the igntion. Can someone with an SE model C-Max please take a look at theirs to see if it's supposed to look this way. Thanks in advance.

post-33-0-82075300-1350312761_thumb.jpg

Mine is the same, bu it would have been nice if Ford had installed a lighted ring there so you could see it in the dark. I mean they put lights in the cup holders. Why not around the ignition?

Thats a cool idea, it does look a bit unfinished, but until dtorres posted the pic I would never have thought about it :D

• 3 weeks later...

I have my SE in the shop for a key stuck issue and I complained to them about the lack of a light for the key. The shop guy thought the car had a light for the key and would look into it.

I have the ambient light option, so the floor is lite up but the key hole isn't!! :rant2: Go figure!

Maybe the unfinished look is because they left off the light ring in the first builds?

Jay

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I have my SE in the shop for a key stuck issue and I complained to them about the lack of a light for the key. The shop guy thought the car had a light for the key and would look into it.

I have the ambient light option, so the floor is lite up but the key hole isn't!! :rant2: Go figure!

Maybe the unfinished look is because they left off the light ring in the first builds?

Jay

Did they ever get back to you on this?

• 3 weeks later...
 Did they ever get back to you on this?

They said that was normal,  there is no light option for the key.  I did find a key light mod for a Focus on another Forum  that might be an option.  I beleive this was discussed in another thread a while back.

Edited by JayCo59