Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Battery Failures Poll

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Poll: Battery Failure poll (89 member(s) have cast votes)

For Hybrid owners how many 12v battery failures have you had?

1. 0 (46 votes [51.69%])

Percentage of vote: 51.69%

2. 1 (16 votes [17.98%])

Percentage of vote: 17.98%

3. 2 (8 votes [8.99%])

Percentage of vote: 8.99%

4. 3 (5 votes [5.62%])

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

5. 4 (5 votes [5.62%])

Percentage of vote: 5.62%

6. 5 or more (9 votes [10.11%])

Percentage of vote: 10.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2,022 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:12 AM

theseeleys welcome.  It's too bad you got a "lemon."   Do you have an SE or an SEL?  If SE does it have MFT?  I've not had a battery issue.  But my take on Ford buyback is that early on Ford appeared to be more receptive to a buyback.  It seems (although one never knows the whole story), that more recently Ford has taken a harder stance.   You may have to go to arbitration (don't know SC law).  It might not hurt to talk to a couple of "reputable" attorneys and get their take on the SC law and your chances of success since you are apparently beyond 12 k miles.

Also, very recently one member apparently had the battery fuse assembly (150 A fuse) which is part of the cable assembly attached to the + terminal of the battery develop high resistance and apparently wouldn't allow for proper charging of the 12 V battery (too much voltage drop across the fuse) which could perhaps explain why some people are having dead batteries over and over again.  Ford replaced his DC/DC converter on the basis it had failed.  But I'm wondering whether the converter really failed as with a new converter the dealer could only get around 13.5 V instead of around 14.4 V.  13.5 V is not sufficient to properly charge the battery.  So, you might want to have the dealer look into this as a possible cause of your battery problems.  Unless Ford has issued a TB on the fuse assembly, I seriously doubt most dealers would check this.  

Keep us informed as that may help others with the dead battery issue. 

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#42 OFFLINE   BullDurham

BullDurham

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 25 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-Max

Posted 09 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

Hi.  I just joined this forum Nov. 9. 

Our 2013 has had 4 failures, so far, none of which have been "operator error"!!!  It's back in our local dealer's shop now, for their 4th try to fix it!  So far, the first three were within the first 12,000 miles.  The 3rd try to fix it was in March, so this time, at least, their "fix" lasted till November.  Each time, Ford has blamed it on some sort of programming error (that they didn't find each time they looked and didn't fix the same way or the correct way each of the first 3 attempts).  In two of the first 3 tries, they said they swapped out the starter battery.  As of yesterday morning, no help! I had to call roadside assistance AGAIN and have it towed back to the local dealer AGAIN! 

We are seriously pissed at Ford.  SC has an automobile lemon law that might give us some relief, but since the 4th failure was >12,000 miles, even though the 3 tries to fix it were all <12,000, which is what the law requires, I don't have much hope we will be able to do much better than to rely on Ford's "good nature"!

:rant:

My real reason for this rant is to ask if anyone else who has had this much trouble with this particular problem has in fact gotten some substantial relief from the company, not just a local dealer/repair shop.  Like, for instance, "We'll buy back your crappy cmax and give you a good deal on a new one, assuming you dare trust Ford to make the new one any better than we did the one we're buying back from you because it's a piece of ****"

I recently completed the buyback of my C-Max.  I intend to post the details later, but I went through the BBB arbitration process which is outlined in your owner's manual.  I live in North Carolina and my circumstances (four repair attempts in a year and a half of ownership) qualified under the NC lemon law.  I think you also have a case under SC law, which I believe you have misinterpreted.  Check out these FAQ's at the SC Dept. of Consumer Affairs:

http://www.consumer....s/lemonlaw.aspx

You don't have to have all four problems within the first 12,000 miles; the problem just has to show up for the first time within the first 12,000 miles.  Also it says that:  "The law presumes a reasonable amount of time to be either three repair attempts for the same defect or thirty days out of service for repairs."  So you are already beyond that.  

Ford will buy your car back.  They don't have a leg to stand on with this embarrassing problem.  Good luck!

#43 OFFLINE   Maxy

Maxy

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 29 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationBay Area
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:2015 C-MAX HYBRID, SEL-301A

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:44 AM

Hi.  I just joined this forum Nov. 9. 

Our 2013 has had 4 failures, so far, none of which have been "operator error"!!!  It's back in our local dealer's shop now, for their 4th try to fix it!  So far, the first three were within the first 12,000 miles.  The 3rd try to fix it was in March, so this time, at least, their "fix" lasted till November.  Each time, Ford has blamed it on some sort of programming error (that they didn't find each time they looked and didn't fix the same way or the correct way each of the first 3 attempts).  In two of the first 3 tries, they said they swapped out the starter battery.  As of yesterday morning, no help! I had to call roadside assistance AGAIN and have it towed back to the local dealer AGAIN! 

We are seriously pissed at Ford.  SC has an automobile lemon law that might give us some relief, but since the 4th failure was >12,000 miles, even though the 3 tries to fix it were all <12,000, which is what the law requires, I don't have much hope we will be able to do much better than to rely on Ford's "good nature"

:rant:

My real reason for this rant is to ask if anyone else who has had this much trouble with this particular problem has in fact gotten some substantial relief from the company, not just a local dealer/repair shop.  Like, for instance, "We'll buy back your crappy cmax and give you a good deal on a new one, assuming you dare trust Ford to make the new one any better than we did the one we're buying back from you because it's a piece of ****"

Theseeleys,

Feel your pain! Don't wait any longer. Request a buy back. It is obvious there is something wrong with your car as well as mine. I am in progress of a buy back / replacement as we speak. Read your state's lemon law. Usually it does apply to new cars while under warranty.
I hope you have been reporting to Ford all your battery failures . You need to document every problem with them as well, so your record is clear. It is a pain in the behind, but documentation speaks volume. I am very surprised to read about other posts as well who had more than 5-6 12V failures and still have not requested a buy back. Those cars are obviously having some mystery problems.
So far I have had mostly good experience speaking with ford reps. Other than some service personals, who had acted like my battery failure was the first they've ever heared. Ofcourse I am still in the process of replacement, but hopefully it will go smoothly.
Good luck in this learning lemon curve.....

#44 OFFLINE   moedavis

moedavis

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:c-max

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:07 PM

My experience has been exactly the same. 

I've been a C-Max owners since april 2013. I'm originally from the Motor City so I like to spend my money supporting American Car Makers.  I've been a Ford Customer for many years, owned several Mustangs, F150.  However I've had the C-Max strand me with the dead battery 3 times now. Once in a rainstorm while trying to get kids to school.  Each time the dealer says "we've fixed it."

1st time:  it's the sync system, we re-programmed it. 

2nd time:  There was a wire loose under the seat that was causing the battery to drain. We fixed it.

3rd time:  The battery was bad. We think we fixed it.  

I'm at my ropes end with Ford and ready to buy a Toyota.  I filed a claim with Ford and they offered me an extended warranty. (go figure)  It seems silly that I should have to go out a buy a charger to jump my car when it doesn't start.  

Oh, did I mention the Ford Road service?  The guy shows up to my house with no jumper cables!!

Edited by moedavis, 11 February 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#45 OFFLINE   Kelleytoons

Kelleytoons

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 898 posts
  • Locationcentral Florida
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:Maximis

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:30 PM

Um, just complaining or are you looking for help?  (I mention this because this is the identical post in another thread -- folks that do that in general aren't looking for assistance but just to vent.  I well understand the feeling, but since we're all users here venting isn't particular useful and most likely won't even make you feel better).

Clearly early model C-Max's had more issues than later ones, and it looks as though you've fallen into that early category.  I truly feel sorry for you, honestly, but if you are looking for advice mine is to perhaps start Lemon Law procedures (which vary by state) in order to see if you can get a buyback or some other compensation.  The other option is to do some research (which you haven't done yet -- I'm not dinging you, just pointing out a fact) and see what all the causes for the battery issue are (they are listed here and they are many -- and most dealers will not have heard of all of them) and see if you can get your dealer to track down what is really causing the problem.

The Ford rep here can help, but you will have to appeal to her for that help (it won't be automatic) and only if you want to try and solve the problem (IOW, if you want to go Lemon Law route that's up to you and you won't get assistance from Ford.  There are also some threads here that talk about that and may provide you with information you'll need).

I wish you luck -- it's terrible when your transportation isn't reliable (which is why we ended up with a C-Max in the first place - and it's been stellar for us.  Then again, we bought after most of the battery issues had been resolved).

• ptjones and kostby like this

#46 OFFLINE   Adrian_L

Adrian_L

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 695 posts
  • Region:Canada British Columbia
  • LocationVancouver, BC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 SEL

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:03 PM

I'm all for venting.  Why not?!  But you've had the car for almost two years and it let you down three times.   I'm not trying to trivialize things, but I don't think we're ready for the car crusher, yet.

When I took my '13 SEL for it's first service (big dealership in big city), none of the service guys had heard of battery problems with the C-max, so Kellytoons's suggestion to take advantage of the Ford rep is a sound one.   It appears that your dealership may need to be brought up to speed about the bulletins referring to troubleshooting, wire-wrapping, etc.   

Best of luck,
Adrian

• ptjones likes this

#47 OFFLINE   drdiesel1

drdiesel1

C-Max Hybrid Member

• Inactive
  • PipPip
  • 822 posts
  • LocationMonterey CA
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi

Posted 16 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

My experience has been exactly the same. 

I've been a C-Max owners since april 2013. I'm originally from the Motor City so I like to spend my money supporting American Car Makers.  I've been a Ford Customer for many years, owned several Mustangs, F150.  However I've had the C-Max strand me with the dead battery 3 times now. Once in a rainstorm while trying to get kids to school.  Each time the dealer says "we've fixed it."

1st time:  it's the sync system, we re-programmed it. 

2nd time:  There was a wire loose under the seat that was causing the battery to drain. We fixed it.

3rd time:  The battery was bad. We think we fixed it.  

I'm at my ropes end with Ford and ready to buy a Toyota.  I filed a claim with Ford and they offered me an extended warranty. (go figure)  It seems silly that I should have to go out a buy a charger to jump my car when it doesn't start.  

Oh, did I mention the Ford Road service?  The guy shows up to my house with no jumper cables!!

Yeah! Trade that scrap wagon on a Toyota and your world will be right again.

Edited by drdiesel1, 16 February 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#48 OFFLINE   rogersenergi

rogersenergi

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • LocationArlington
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 05 April 2015 - 10:51 AM

Both failures occurred after two to three weeks of not being able to conveniently plug the Energi into a 110V outlet.

I towed the C-MAX behind my motorhome to this state park.

There was a 30amp plug for the motorhome but no 100V outlet.

I didn't figure that it mattered; if I didn't plug it in wouldn't it just behave like a hybrid instead?

Apparently not.

I did bring my Schumacher Speed Charge 6amp charger and a 100 foot extension cord.

Twelve hours on the charger and the battery was charged up.

Now the regular charge line is charging the big battery.

After this second occurrence and reading these forums, apparently I must always keep the charge line plugged into the vehicle.

I plugged the extension into an outlet just inside the passenger window of the motorhome.

The window is rolled up as much as possible with a small towel draped over the top to block the bugs.

I had the charger on hand because my previous car, a Prius, had the 12 volt discharge once.

The dealers need to make this clear to new owners because this isn't normal behaviour.

#49 OFFLINE   wab

wab

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 927 posts
  • Locationnorth texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 303 with Glass Roof

Posted 05 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

Both failures occurred after two to three weeks of not being able to conveniently plug the Energi into a 110V outlet.
I towed the C-MAX behind my motorhome to this state park.
There was a 30amp plug for the motorhome but no 100V outlet.
I didn't figure that it mattered; if I didn't plug it in wouldn't it just behave like a hybrid instead?
Apparently not.
I did bring my Schumacher Speed Charge 6amp charger and a 100 foot extension cord.
Twelve hours on the charger and the battery was charged up.
Now the regular charge line is charging the big battery.
After this second occurrence and reading these forums, apparently I must always keep the charge line plugged into the vehicle.
I plugged the extension into an outlet just inside the passenger window of the motorhome.
The window is rolled up as much as possible with a small towel draped over the top to block the bugs.
I had the charger on hand because my previous car, a Prius, had the 12 volt discharge once.
The dealers need to make this clear to new owners because this isn't normal behaviour.

Greeting and Welcome

Are you talking about your 12v or HV battery?
Have you joined the C-MAX Energy Owners forum? There's a link on this page, you have to scroll to the
very
top of the pg.

Now a comment and question about your mh.
We carry 2 adapters (available at RV parts stores) 1 converts a standard 15 amp outlet to a 30 amp rv plug, the other converts the 30 amp to a 50 amp rv plug.
Second are you sure your 12V charge wire from your mh is working?

Have you seen this thread?
http://fordcmaxhybri...d-a-motor-home/

#50 OFFLINE   rogersenergi

rogersenergi

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationArlington
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Energi

Posted 07 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

The 12 volt battery went completely dead both times but came back to life using the 6 amp charger clamped to the posts under the hood.

The cord that plugs into the HV charger outlet (4 segment blue circle); yes that works perfectly as I do get the extra battery pack charged up and am able to use EV only mode for about 20 miles.

I'll check the other links,  thanks.

#51 OFFLINE   william5543

william5543

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationMichigan
  • Current Vehicle:2016 C-Max Energi

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:40 AM

Two of my failures have been at home and in the am.  The third and most recent one occurred while the car was in a garage at a condo we were staying at on vacation.  This was also first thing in the morning.  We have a 2013 SE - no MFT.  It continues to appear that Ford has no solution for this problem.  When the 4th one happens I will be looking toward the Michigan Lemon Law.  Really hope it does not occur again.

#52 OFFLINE   Noah Harbinger

Noah Harbinger

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMetro San Diego
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-Max Hybrid

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:11 AM

It is the same with most car forums; folks check in to report problems (or research problems they are having), but seldom to say their vehicle is working well. These forums are not a good place to judge the overall quality of the vehicle.

I would say there's a bimodal distribution between people who only show up to report a problem, and people who are enthusiasts of one stripe or another.

[SEL, 2 years... no battery problems.]

Edited by Noah Harbinger, 22 April 2015 - 02:12 AM.

#53 OFFLINE   bobmaxed

bobmaxed

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFort Wayne Indiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 23 April 2015 - 08:01 AM

My 2014 SE with 25,000 miles has been with us for a few days past 1 year  And this morning it was dead.  About ready to call roadside assistance

A guy comes out to give me a jump but he can't find the negative post under the hood. He gives up and calls for a tow.

The car is parked nose first in the garage.  The tow operator has to drag the car out of the garage and onto the flat bed.

At the Ford dealership they have no problem jumping the car and driving it into the garage where the spend all day testing and charging the battery.  After 3 hours they tell me that they found some Tech bulletins in regards to updating the software.  But they're having internet problems .  They drive me home. After another hour they call me and say that my car is ready

Good Grief

Edited by bobmaxed, 23 April 2015 - 03:05 PM.

#54 OFFLINE   Kelleytoons

Kelleytoons

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 898 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

One thing for sure: anyone with battery issues ought to peruse this forum and get a list of all the TSBs and likely causes before they go into their dealership, to help *them* deal with the problem (those who are particularly anal might want to do it before anything occurs so they are ready -- I would think 2013 SE owners or any SE owner without MFT ought to do that but even someone like myself should probably.  When I "getaroundtoit").

We've seen time and again that most dealerships aren't aware of all the things they need to know about this -- and how could they?  Even Ford doesn't quite have a handle on the entire situation.  But by taking a few steps, printing out some things here, you can make it easier for them (which ultimately will benefit yourself).

On a much simpler problem I printed out the TSB for my NAV not working and not only did it help the dealership but it got me back on the road within 20 minutes there, whereas without that information they might have taken a day or two (or even longer, if their own internet was "down" -- which I kind of think is a lame excuse, given how much resources we have to connect nowadays).

#55 OFFLINE   scottwood2

scottwood2

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 577 posts
  • LocationMetro Detroit
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max SE, 202A, Winter Package

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:47 AM

One thing for sure: anyone with battery issues ought to peruse this forum and get a list of all the TSBs and likely causes before they go into their dealership, to help *them* deal with the problem (those who are particularly anal might want to do it before anything occurs so they are ready -- I would think 2013 SE owners or any SE owner without MFT ought to do that but even someone like myself should probably.  When I "getaroundtoit").

We've seen time and again that most dealerships aren't aware of all the things they need to know about this -- and how could they?  Even Ford doesn't quite have a handle on the entire situation.  But by taking a few steps, printing out some things here, you can make it easier for them (which ultimately will benefit yourself).

On a much simpler problem I printed out the TSB for my NAV not working and not only did it help the dealership but it got me back on the road within 20 minutes there, whereas without that information they might have taken a day or two (or even longer, if their own internet was "down" -- which I kind of think is a lame excuse, given how much resources we have to connect nowadays).

Good point.  I would have thought that any car coming into the dealer would have a flag go off if there is a TSB on it but I guess this is not always the case. 

#56 OFFLINE   jsrierson

jsrierson

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationBurr Ridge
  • Current Vehicle:Ford C-max hybrid

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:39 PM

I bought my 2013 C-Max about one year used. So I've owned it since Dec. 2013. (I was looking for a Toyota Prius, but this one was on sale at the Toyota dealer for a much better price than the Toyota - I should've been wary at that point.) This car has had a failed battery numerous times about 4-5 at work at the end of the day (not good when I have to go pick my kids up from after school care!) and 2 times at home. At 38.5K mileage (and before today) and the most recent battery failure, I took it in to the Ford dealership  for assessment. They said I needed a new battery...but I was about 2.5K past the warranty ( :~/). So today is the 3rd time at home and about 2 weeks since sinking $160 for new battery and labor. I am not one of those people who are big into cars...I do have the expectation of reliability. I also don't buy cars very often and don't like to spend lots of cash on something that isn't reliable. Very frustrated with my first hybrid purchase from Ford. Next time a Toyota. I speak to taxi drivers that say their Prius is going great after 300K miles. That's what I expect. Ford, you owe me a working car. How will you make this up to me??

#57 OFFLINE   Kelleytoons

Kelleytoons

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 898 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Have you read all the things in this thread (and other threads here)?  Before you sink ANY more money into anything, you need to get a handle on all the possible fixes for this issue, one of which might very well be the one that solves the problem for you once and for all.

Is it a good thing you need to do a lot of this legwork yourself?  No, it's a hassle (although truth be told not MUCH hassle -- you just need to spend about an hour reading and writing down or printing out what is here) but it isn't all that technical and even if you're not a car person you ought to be able to handle it.  Once you have your list go to the dealership you trust the most (you may need to visit several but don't feel tied to any particular one -- you might also ask here for suggestions in your area) and ask them to work their way through all the TSBs (that shouldn't cost you any money, or at least very little).  If none of them fix the issue then you can try the various "fixes" outside of the TSBs (again, listed here), starting with the most likely.

Also you can contact the Ford rep here (you don't have enough posts to PM her direct, but post in her thread and she should see and respond).  She can help with your dealership.

You might as well -- you've invested enough time (and apparently driven that car enough -- geeze, you have more miles on your C-Max than I'll have in seven or eight years).  I'm not sure why your warranty period was so short, though (unless this old man is mistaken I thought they ALL came with at least three years but perhaps I'm too sleepy right now to think straight).  Best of luck to you.

#58 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 709 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 26 April 2015 - 11:28 AM

I bought my 2013 C-Max about one year used. So I've owned it since Dec. 2013. (I was looking for a Toyota Prius, but this one was on sale at the Toyota dealer for a much better price than the Toyota - I should've been wary at that point.) This car has had a failed battery numerous times about 4-5 at work at the end of the day (not good when I have to go pick my kids up from after school care!) and 2 times at home. At 38.5K mileage (and before today) and the most recent battery failure, I took it in to the Ford dealership  for assessment. They said I needed a new battery...but I was about 2.5K past the warranty ( :~/). So today is the 3rd time at home and about 2 weeks since sinking $160 for new battery and labor. I am not one of those people who are big into cars...I do have the expectation of reliability. I also don't buy cars very often and don't like to spend lots of cash on something that isn't reliable. Very frustrated with my first hybrid purchase from Ford. Next time a Toyota. I speak to taxi drivers that say their Prius is going great after 300K miles. That's what I expect. Ford, you owe me a working car. How will you make this up to me??

You can go to this site and using your pin see what TSBs (technical service bulletins) you car is eligible for.  

http://www.etis.ford...A938BE.fcvas507

Some people get a battery jumper to keep in the car.  I have one but have not had to use.  

If I were you, I would strongly consider getting an extended warranty and one of the better ones.  I am not sure what they cost when you are out of the standard warranty.   Here is a place some people go to get a good price.  

http://andersonandko...d-warranty.com/

I don't think reading all the messages on the battery issue is reasonable at this point.  The situation is much different after the first TSB. Some of the latter ones would be good to read.

#59 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2,022 posts
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 26 April 2015 - 12:53 PM

It's too bad you are having these issues. 

What model do you have SE or SEL?   The C-Max is a very reliable car but for a small % of owners who have had multiple "no start" dead battery issues.  Just to be clear, I take it that for the early no start issues that you did not take it to a Ford dealer for documentation of the issue?  Do you have a CarFax on the C-Max?  How long is your daily commute?

There is a TSB (not a recall IIRC) on the issue that you should demand that the dealer perform (if not already done).    Also, I doubt this TSB will show up on etis.ford since it is not a recall.  The dealer can look up the service history for you.   If applying this TSB to your car doesn't fix the issue, there are ways to "live with the issue" and mitigate the time it takes to get the car going or maybe the issue itself:

1) carry a set of jumper cables but requires another vehicle to jump start the C-Max

2) carry a jump start battery which should start the C-Max most of the time

3) use a battery tender to maintain the 12 V battery charge while at home but requires connecting and disconnecting daily 

4) monitor the 12 V battery voltage with a metering device that plugs into the cigarette lighter to see if one can predict when the battery is not being properly charged by the displayed voltage (don't really know anyone that uses this with predictive results).

#60 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 437 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:33 AM

A couple of questions come to mind, why would a Toyota dealer have a year old Ford on their lot? Why would they try to push you in to it, after all they sell Toyota's? When ever buying a used car always run from the car they're trying to push. I sounds like the Toyota dealer took advantage of you and sold you a lemon.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·