Weathertech Floor Mats

Previous owner of my 2013 Cmax had installed weathertech floor liners. I like them a lot and I am sure they will be even better when it snows and we have salt everywhere.

I had massive issues with walmart floor mats in my Toyota Rav4 which ended up with a hole being worn in the carpet where your heel sits. (live and learn)

Only beef with the weathertech mats is they don't go up high enough on the left side where my foot sits so I feel like if I removed the mat there would be a distinct dirt line on the foot rest. At least the carpet is kept spotless.

http://www.weathertech.com/ford/2013/c-max/floorliner-digitalfit/

• 6 months later...

Yep, that is an issue with the Weathertechs. 

I debated the Weathertechs, then saw the Husky liners that cover the left side foot rest for the driver, but just was not very excited about the price or look of either of these. Then I ran across the 3D MAXpider floor mats. These appear to be very nice, but still do not cover the entire foot rest. 

http://www.amazon.com/3D-MAXpider-Custom-All-Weather-Select/dp/B00IBOLMI6/ref=au_as_r?ie=UTF8&Make=Ford%7C54&Model=Escape%7C659&Year=2014%7C2014&n=15684181&newVehicle=1&s=automotive&vehicleId=6&vehicleType=automotive

I should point out that these are not listed as fitting the C-max, but I noticed that Weathertec sells the same part number for both the C-max and the Escape, so I'm going to give these a try. I think Husky sells the same part for both vehicles also. Heck, they have pretty much the same seats and dash in both vehicles also. I think they share a common platform.

-Wayne

Those look nice.  I have not seen those before. 

Not sure of the size though.  I originally ordered Weathertech for the C-Max and when they arrived they would not fit.  I looked and saw that the model number was different from what I ordered.   I looked up the number and it said it was for an Escape.  They really were not close to fitting as they hit the seat.  You could mash them down and it would work but it was not a good fit at all. 

I sent them back and bought the Husky ones which fit great.  I could have bought the right ones from Weathertech too but that is another story.  I think I posted it here somewhere.

So I am surprised that they list the same ones for both C-max and Escape. 

Got the mats in today, and they fit very nicely but as usual, the color is pretty far off. Here are some pics showing the fit, and I also included a picture with the stock Ford carpets for a size comparison.

post-2882-0-07558700-1422646913_thumb.jpg

post-2882-0-38632300-1422646914_thumb.jpg

post-2882-0-48659700-1422646915_thumb.jpg

post-2882-0-82527300-1422646916_thumb.jpg

The "velcro like" material on the back of these grips very nice. Looks to be very similar material to what Ford uses on the stock mats.

I would have loved these if they were a better color match, and I knew they would not fully cover the drivers left foot rest, but still would make them a bit better if they extended further up.

I debated going with the black or grey color, but I have to say that I do like being able to see things against the lighter color when they drop on the floor. I think I will be sticking with these.

So, if it helps you all in floor mat selection, anything that fits a 2014 Ford Escape will also fit the C-Max.

-Wayne

Thanks for the info Wayne.  My friend has the MAXSpyder 3D mats in his Fusion and loves them, glad to know I can get them for my soon to be born C-Max.  I really wish you had bought the rear one too so I'd know if they fit.  ;)

So, if it helps you all in floor mat selection, anything that fits a 2014 Ford Escape will also fit the C-Max.

-Wayne

Thanks for the info Wayne.  My friend has the MAXSpyder 3D mats in his Fusion and loves them, glad to know I can get them for my soon to be born C-Max.  I really wish you had bought the rear one too so I'd know if they fit.   ;)

They should be fine. Weathertech has the same part number for both cars for the rears.

-Wayne

• 3 weeks later...