Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Passenger side climate control blows hot air all the time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   keving

keving

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationLouisville, KY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 23 November 2014 - 09:36 PM

I haven't seen this topic, yet.  The passenger side blows hot air all the time, except, of course, when it's at the dealer.  For the last couple months, the passenger side will start blowing hot air regardless of the temp setting, regardless of the direction (foot, face, defrost).  Turning it off and back on doesn't help, moving the direction doesn't help, the temperature knob has no effect.  It's as if the computer just turns the passenger temp to high hot on it's own.  Anyone have any ideas?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   lowbar

lowbar

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 140 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationGA Lake Country
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford C-MAX SEL; 2012 Ford Fusion SEL; Harley Davidson FLHX

Posted 24 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

It's broke.  Take it back to the dealer.

#3 OFFLINE   fotomoto

fotomoto

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,298 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationSouth Texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 24 November 2014 - 10:36 AM

I had this happen with the passenger side also.  Tried changing temps, settings, turning car on/off, etc but nothing fixed it except leaving it on and rolling down the windows while continuing to drive for several more minutes.  I'd guess it was about 5 minutes (seems like an eternity when it's pumping out really hot air) before it settled down and operated correctly.  Never done it since.  

On a somewhat related note, my wife had the same thing happen to her a few years ago while driving my then new volt and I've seen several reports from others on that forum to this day.  I think it's a software bug and not hardware related but that's just a guess.

#4 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 354 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan
  • My C-MAX's Year:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

I haven't seen this topic, yet.  The passenger side blows hot air all the time, except, of course, when it's at the dealer.  For the last couple months, the passenger side will start blowing hot air regardless of the temp setting, regardless of the direction (foot, face, defrost).  Turning it off and back on doesn't help, moving the direction doesn't help, the temperature knob has no effect.  It's as if the computer just turns the passenger temp to high hot on it's own.  Anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like that's keeping your passengers a tad too toasty, keving. When was the last time you were at the dealer for this? Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best contact number, full name, and dealer info; let's see how I can help get your passenger air temp control to behave.

I had this happen with the passenger side also.  Tried changing temps, settings, turning car on/off, etc but nothing fixed it except leaving it on and rolling down the windows while continuing to drive for several more minutes.  I'd guess it was about 5 minutes (seems like an eternity when it's pumping out really hot air) before it settled down and operated correctly.  Never done it since. ...

I'm glad to see it settled down, fotomoto!

Rachel

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·