Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

MyView keeps losing my set up

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 512 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:08 AM

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue or an easy fix. Basically, I set up MyView to display the information I want (typically power+threshold on the left and fuel economy history on the right). After setting it up it will stay for a couple of days but, at seemingly random times when I start the car, it will have reverted back to what it was when I bought the car. Any thoughts why it might be doing this or how to keep it from changing back?

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   markd

markd

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 374 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUnited States
  • My C-MAX's Year:2014
  • Current Vehicle:c-max sel

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:28 AM

Are you sure that you aren't accidentally touching it when you get out, don't laugh I did that a few times at first.

#3 OFFLINE   stevedebi

stevedebi

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 842 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationLA
  • Current Vehicle:2014 C-Max Energi

Posted 05 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

Wondering if anyone else is having this issue or an easy fix. Basically, I set up MyView to display the information I want (typically power+threshold on the left and fuel economy history on the right). After setting it up it will stay for a couple of days but, at seemingly random times when I start the car, it will have reverted back to what it was when I bought the car. Any thoughts why it might be doing this or how to keep it from changing back?

My 2014 Energi has a quirk. On longer highway trips I change it to RPM and Temperature. When I change the MyView, it will revert back to what it was before the next time I start up. But then it goes back to the settings again the start up after that. I've never left it past two start ups, because I switch it back to my "normal" view when driving in town. It seems a minor programming bug, but similar to what you describe.

I honestly don't recall what the stock MyView display was.

• raadsel likes this

#4 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 512 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:12 PM

Are you sure that you aren't accidentally touching it when you get out, don't laugh I did that a few times at first.

I'm fairly certain this isn't that because it at least about 5 keystrokes to change MyView. While I can see myself pressing a couple of buttons, I can't see it being enough to actually change what MyView displays. Instead, I would think it would be more like changing from MyView to Engage.

#5 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 630 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:51 PM

I haven't tested this theory, but you may have to press OK for the MyView setting to be remembered.

• brbevil likes this

#6 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 512 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 June 2015 - 02:04 PM

I haven't tested this theory, but you may have to press OK for the MyView setting to be remembered.

Yes, you do have to press OK. From what I recall, you have to press OK just to get it to show, as you are selecting the right option and the left option is grayed out until OK is pressed. Regardless, the system is remembering it over a day or two, through the various on/off cycles, but then just randomly "forgets" after 2 or 3 days. 

I'm going to "test" what stevedebi stated, the next time it switches again I'll not change it and see if it switches back again on the next start up. 

#7 OFFLINE   DaveofDurham

DaveofDurham

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 568 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationDurham NC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAx SEL

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:49 PM

Does your C-Max have push button start?  Our SEL does and I have noticed that what comes up on My View depends on which key fob is detected to start the car.  My fob gives me my My View.  My wife's fob gives me her My View.  

#8 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 512 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:18 PM

Does your C-Max have push button start?  Our SEL does and I have noticed that what comes up on My View depends on which key fob is detected to start the car.  My fob gives me my My View.  My wife's fob gives me her My View.  

Yes, but I am always using the same fob to start the car. That is a thought, though, I may use the other key and change MyView, see if that makes a difference.

Edited by raadsel, 05 June 2015 - 04:19 PM.

#9 OFFLINE   Bill-N

Bill-N

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 630 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:33 PM

Wonder what happens when both FOBs are in the car?

#10 OFFLINE   DaveofDurham

DaveofDurham

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 568 posts
  • LocationDurham NC
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAx SEL

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:37 PM

Wonder what happens when both FOBs are in the car?

One of them gets detected first, usually the one in the driver's seat but that may be because that's the first one in the car, and that's the one that's in charge.  

#11 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 512 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 06 June 2015 - 08:20 PM

I had a chance to try the other key today. I hadn't realized that I had set it up, likely from when I brought it home with both keys in the car. It was set to power+threshold and the coach. So, I'm still not sure what is going on; guess I'll wait and see if it comes up with a different MyView, and then see if that persists over multiple car starts.

#12 OFFLINE   popnfresh

popnfresh

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:Canada Ontario
  • LocationOntario
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 08 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

i just noticed this happened last night in my cmax as well. just got the car this past week! will keep an eye on it and see if it becomes a persistent issue. ive only used 1 FOB since ive gotten the car and the other FOB has been locked away inside the house.

#13 OFFLINE   SnowStorm

SnowStorm

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 711 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SE

Posted 12 June 2015 - 05:55 PM

My 2013 SE (no MFT or PTS) occasionally changes mysteriously as well.  I normally have temp gauge on right and either Tach or Climate/Acc power on left.  Today I drove for a good while with Climate on left (watching my A/C power), stopped (car off) for a few minutes, started back up and left had switched to Tach.  I just switch it back to what I want and assume its some stupid "bug".  No idea if there is any pattern.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·