Looking for cargo rubber mat

cozzi007

Here is the version with the finished edge and Velcroed flap.  It is from another vehicle, not the C-MAX, but it is a very good likeness.  So far, I am strongly considering going with this version. 

I am going to make my decision by Monday.

BTW, the Energi should not be a problem.  Actually, they seem to already have the measurements done for the Energi.  They sent me some pics of Energi cargo decks.  So, it sounds like they are all set for both the Hybrid and Energi versions.  :hi5:

post-668-0-42356000-1371874726_thumb.jpg

Edited by ScubaDadMiami

Scuba, what if you were to have them put extra material say an extra 2" sized square on top and stitch it around the finished edge. That way any water would shed onto to the mat not down into the tie-downs. So you would tuck in the flap, and have some loose material overlapping on top.

That would work for water, but it would probably create a problem for sliding things into the back. Everything has a plus and minus. :headscratch:

Yup, I always try to pick the lesser of the two evils... Just a thought, good luck on deciding tomorrow, let us know how it come out.

I just have a heavy rubber mat from Lowe's that I cut to fit. My work equipment would destroy the carpet after about three times loading it. I don't really need the water resistant part like you.

I just have a heavy rubber mat from Lowe's that I cut to fit. My work equipment would destroy the carpet after about three times loading it.

What section/aisle?  I've been home renovating for a couple of years and sometimes think I live at Lowes but I haven't seen something like this.  I like DIY; especially, if it's cheap!   :)

Edited by fotomoto

What section/aisle? I've been home renovating for a couple of years and sometimes think I live at Lowes but I haven't seen something like this. I like DIY; especially, if it's cheap! :)

Hopefully you can tell by the pic. It has the anti fatigue nubs underneath. I think it was about $20. It was near the carpeting/tile area. Same section as the puzzle piece floor mats.

It extends about 3/4 of the back seat when they are down.

post-1069-0-12054600-1372025009_thumb.jpg

Edited by KAL Cmax

• 2 weeks later...

The CanvasBack will stay permanently attached to the back of the seat, if you prefer it that way.  With the CB in place, you can still open and close the back seat, yet it covers to the edge of the carpeting on the back of the seat.  Complete coverage.

Very pleased with the final result.  :thumbsup:

post-668-0-76992600-1373749699_thumb.png

Scuba, that is just what I am looking for.

I would like to get the whole back covered along with the back of the rear seats.

Is exactly what I'm looking for. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR POSTING PICTURES!

Edited by Meck

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!  That is pretty cool!

Finally had a chance to take a better picture of the CanvasBack.  I like this one, where you can see the light coming in from the Panoramic Roof.

Notice how the CB covers the entire back of the seat while still allowing the seat to open and close normally.  I just love this thing!

Hey ScubaDad.....I ordered mine about 10 days ago.  They asked who referred me.....I wrote ScubaDadMiama from the C-max forum!

Anyway, mine has shipped and arrived in San Antonio at 4:43 this morning....I'm only 30 miles from there, but it'll likely take another 2 days to reach me!

Thanks for posting your pictures - this was exactly what I was looking for!!

Finally had a chance to take a better picture of the CanvasBack.  I like this one, where you can see the light coming in from the Panoramic Roof.

Notice how the CB covers the entire back of the seat while still allowing the seat to open and close normally.  I just love this thing!

Package actually fit in my mailbox.  I installed it tonight while dinner was burning!

When I unfolded the canvas a little package with 2 dog biscuits fell out.  How nice of them to provide treats for the canine monsters!!

SDM, I have a question.  When I ordered mine, I don't remember there being options other than color.  Mine came with openings for the child seat anchors, but no flaps for the D Rings.  Did I miss something or did they do something special for you since you were the first C-Maxer to order?

I'm not complaining - I think the flaps might have been an issue for sliding things, but I was just wondering.

Just received my CB this weekend. I will also post pictures. From the pics already posted, looks like a great product.

This afternoon took it out of the package and it is very high quality material.

I went with graphite (grey) color to match the grey/black leather.

Also, the people at CanvasBack are great to work with.

Pictures coming soon!

Put the canvasback this evening.

Here are photos of seats down (cannot sit in them) and seats up (able to sit in them).

When the seats are up, I don't like how the CB looks.

I am going to contact them tomorrow to see what you are supposed to do with it when seats are in up position.

post-1254-0-20896500-1375757269_thumb.jpgpost-1254-0-00274400-1375757091_thumb.jpgpost-1254-0-10086700-1375757305_thumb.jpgpost-1254-0-35376800-1375757335_thumb.jpg

Package actually fit in my mailbox.  I installed it tonight while dinner was burning!

When I unfolded the canvas a little package with 2 dog biscuits fell out.  How nice of them to provide treats for the canine monsters!!

SDM, I have a question.  When I ordered mine, I don't remember there being options other than color.  Mine came with openings for the child seat anchors, but no flaps for the D Rings.  Did I miss something or did they do something special for you since you were the first C-Maxer to order?

I'm not complaining - I think the flaps might have been an issue for sliding things, but I was just wondering.

I think that the way that you got it is the version that comes unless some of those other things are requested.  Lots of people don't like the d-rings sticking out.  I remember discussing the child seat anchors, but I can't remember which way they come. 

Put the canvasback this evening.

Here are photos of seats down (cannot sit in them) and seats up (able to sit in them).

When the seats are up, I don't like how the CB looks.

I am going to contact them tomorrow to see what you are supposed to do with it when seats are in up position.

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

Looks great. 

BTW, if you care about having the loose material sticking out from behind the seats when the seats are folded, just tuck-in the material behind the seat and under the flap that bridges from the cargo area to the seat back.  (Look back at my pictures.  You will see how it looks with the material folded.) 

It only takes a second.  Just go to the side where you are closing the seat, and start tucking-in the material as you fold the seat up.  (It won't work after the seat is already locked into position.)  Later, when you fold the seat flat, the material goes right into place without you having to do anything more.

Thanks Scuba. I contacted CB and they instructed the same exact thing. Yours looked really good on your photo and could not figure how you did it.

I have attached photos w/ seat up to show how good it looks. This cover fits great. Extremely happy!

Scuba thanks again for posting the info about CanvasBack! Great people & and a great product!

post-1254-0-82776700-1375927518_thumb.jpg

post-1254-0-81382100-1375927833_thumb.jpg

Edited by Meck