Had my C-MAX for two years today

markd

• 1 month later...

Been having Forita for 4 years now, she has 62,000 miles and still runs like the day I brought her. The only problem she ever had was the radio went out and I had a new one installed . Other than the recalls no other problems, still running on the orginal tires and brakes. But sad to say, her value is down because of all the bad press CMax has gotten. But still not looking to get rid of her.

Paul,

Wow impressed 144,000 miles and still running strong for a 2013 model. You could be also right on the price of gas , but it did not help when Ford changed the mileage statement after we brought in 2013, but the rebates did help ease the hurt. The tires that came with the car are great 62 ,000 miles and still have tread, but do get them rotated every 5000 miles when I get oil change, know manual say 10,000 but oil is cheaper than an engine, my dad always use to say..

Paul,

Wow impressed 144,000 miles and still running strong for a 2013 model. You could be also right on the price of gas , but it did not help when Ford changed the mileage statement after we brought in 2013, but the rebates did help ease the hurt. The tires that came with the car are great 62 ,000 miles and still have tread, but do get them rotated every 5000 miles when I get oil change, know manual say 10,000 but oil is cheaper than an engine, my dad always use to say..

You are right about the oil change, but as I have discovered it is totally unnecessary. I have been doing Blackstone Labs oil testing and on my last oil change about 30K Odometer miles(14K ICE miles and one years time) my report was the best one so far. :) 

Paul 

About three weeks ago, friends of ours looked at the new priuss as well and hated it.  They ended up buying a used C-Max Energi !  :) :) :) ( I still think the C-Max Energi is the best all around urban vehicle out there.)

We hit the four year mark in three weeks with our C-Max (non Energi) and are still loving it.  I particularly love the simple energy conservation aspect of the non-plugin.  It is such an elegant 'solution' to addressing the most addressable aspects of energy loss throughout the inertia range, and creates a fun game out of it all.  Plugging into the power grid is great, but complicates and messes with elegance of 'the game'. 

C-Max for the foreseeable,

Nick

((( I have had two garages wired up for 220 outlets for a plug-in electric over 20 years in waiting ;) ........ hmmmmm, maybe a second/plug-in vehicle someday when the range issues are in the past )))

Edited by C-MaxSea