Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo

Is it impossible to find a used C-Max with Automatic Parking feature?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cmax-nynj

cmax-nynj

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 118 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNY, NJ, CT
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 30 June 2017 - 09:05 PM

I have a 2013 C-max SE that I bought new.  I'm thinking of upgrading to a used SEL with auto parking so that the new driver in the household would be able to park it on the streets with ease.  However, it seems impossible to find a used CMax or even Fusion Hybrid with the automatic parking feature.   I do not want to buy a new C-max because the depreciation is unreal especially for the loaded model.  

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   obob

obob

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 515 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationUS
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX SE

Posted 01 July 2017 - 04:20 PM

This is what I did.

I googled to find out what Ford calls auto park

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

and figured out it is call "active park assist"

Then I went to cars.com and searched for used c-max with keyword exact phrase "active park assist"

and came up with this which is 14 cars listed:

https://www.cars.com...=24993&zc=60202

After selecting a car into another window of my browser I clicked on "view more" under "features" and under "seller's notes" to expose the active park assist.

I noticed the first one is a 2013 for 12K dollars and also has the panoramic roof 

https://www.cars.com...88285/overview/

Though I would stay away from the 2013 to avoid the transmission problem. (some people would avoid the 2014 or the 2015 also built before a certain date.)

PS: I have an SE and am not very good at parking so I added a sensor that beeps onto the back license plate and it helped HUGE.  Pretty cheap and medium easy to install.  I wrote about the install somewhere on this forum.

Edited by obob, 07 July 2017 - 05:52 PM.

• ptjones likes this

#3 OFFLINE   kostby

kostby

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 550 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationIndiana
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX Hybrid SE

Posted 07 July 2017 - 06:22 PM

Active Park Assist was only offered as part of Equipment Group 303A on the 2013-2016 C-MAX SEL and C-MAX Energi SEL models.

It is part of a different Equipment Group on 2017 Platinum models, but I'm not certain of the number.

Active park assist 'warts' can also be seen in close-ups of the front end by the distinctive round sensors, like the sensors used in the rear bumper.

Here are the sensors on a 2017 C-MAX PlatinumAttached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 7.11.10 PM.png   120.85KB   0 downloads

Black 2013, so more difficult to see: Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 7.13.14 PM.png   91.08KB   0 downloads

It is no longer easy for users to look up the original factory Monroney Sticker listing Equipment Groups, but if you have a VIN etis.ford.com provides correct info about this option, but note that the actual Model designation may be listed incorrectly (Our 2013 SE is listed as a 2014 Energi)

Here's a screenshot of the etis.ford.com report on the VIN of a used C-MAX currently for sale, equipped with the Park Assist option 1FADP5BU7DL503562

‚ÄčIt's called Automated Parking System

Attached File  Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 7.14.56 PM.png   15.33KB   0 downloads

(By the way, the 2013 for 12k listed by Obob is NOT equipped with active park assist, according to etis)

Edited by kostby, 07 July 2017 - 06:27 PM.

• ptjones and obob like this

#4 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,079 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 08 July 2017 - 07:49 AM

I didn't like that feature on my FEH so I didn't get it on my CMAX. Just to scary. :)

Paul

• obob likes this

#5 OFFLINE   cmax-nynj

cmax-nynj

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 118 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationNY, NJ, CT
  • Current Vehicle:SE

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:15 AM

I wouldn't need park assist but the new driver in the household would benefit from this.  I can't think of a cheaper used car that has this available feature besides the C-Max.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·