Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

New owner and happy so far

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   J.C.

J.C.

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 4 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mississippi Valley
  • LocationMissouri
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-MAX

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:39 PM

Got my first hybrid (and my first Ford). C-MAX SEL--302 with Panoramaic Roof, in black. 2015, 22k miles $16.5k.

I've barely driven it but I've been getting around 40-42 city (with temps about 30 degrees) and I'm happy with that.
Of course I have to drive like an old lady when I'm used to having a lead foot, but that's okay. I'm planning to do food delivery (Order Up, Uber Eats gig work) and the better the mileage, the more I make.

I like in a small city of 100,000 and typical traffic is 35-45 mph with fairly frequent stops and an average trip of maybe 12 minutes--20 minutes during rush hour. Driving conservatively probably only adds about 1 minute to those times. 

I'm already planning a trip out west, this would be Missouri to Oregon, likely through the Southwest and CA to avoid snow on the way there [depends on forecast]. Could be 4000 miles round trip.

It's going to be rough trying to drive in my sweet spot on the highway, I typically go 80, sometimes 85 on long trips on the Interstate.
The difference to my body, back, and mind between, say, a 12 hour drive and a 15 hour drive are tremendous. I can usually do 10 no problem, but after that I start to feel it.

Even if I can make myself go 70 (in a 70 mph zone) that would still be a big improvement for me.

This is the dealer pic, it's better than what I can get with this weather or in my tiny garage (the car fits!).

ZRmkCjo.jpg

Edited by J.C., 09 January 2018 - 04:41 PM.

• C-MaxSea likes this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   homestead

homestead

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 464 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationPacific Northwest
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 09 January 2018 - 04:56 PM

Welcome to the forum.

I don't think you are going to like the mpg's you get @80-85mph.

Carry the old lady mentality to the interstate too.

I totally changed the way I drive, it becomes a game to squeeze out more mpg.

Enjoy the car! 

• Louder North likes this

#3 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,396 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 28 January 2018 - 01:20 PM

Got my first hybrid (and my first Ford). C-MAX SEL... 

... typical traffic is 35-45 mph ... on the highway, I typically go 80....

Welcome!

Yes, it's true. The C-Max is more efficient around-town than it is driving cross-country. Here's a link to some neat data. 

https://avt.inl.gov/...2013-ford-c-max

The first report is a summary of specs and EPA mileage testing. Per the dynamometer test...

- you can get 80 MPG at a constant 30 MPH,
    or 39 MPG at constant 75 MPH, 

- you can get 51.3 MPG at 72F,

but you can't hit 29 MPG at 20F. Winter sucks. 

Whoever said "you're mileage may vary" was talking about hybrids! 

Have fun,

Frank

• C-MaxSea likes this

#4 OFFLINE   BIG ROCCO

BIG ROCCO

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 255 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationPHOENIX, AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX

Posted 01 February 2018 - 08:22 PM

Yeah, try to adjust to keep it under 70MPH and you will be more pleased with the MPG

#5 OFFLINE   NRGTi

NRGTi

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 18 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationDenver
  • My C-MAX's Year:2017
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Energi Titanium

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:44 AM

But it's not always about your MPGs on any given trip, even a long one. You want to arrive rested and safe, and the good news is that the C-Max is an excellent road car, with a calm, quiet cabin and a smooth ride. I've taken two highway trips over 200 miles, with around 40 mpg and that wasn't worth bragging about. But my overall figure of 67 mpg is. 

#6 OFFLINE   Swamp45755

Swamp45755

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 28 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationLake placid Florida
  • My C-MAX's Year:2018
  • Current Vehicle:2018 Ford C-Max

Posted 07 March 2018 - 08:03 AM

Purchased a new 2018 Ford C-Max SE with the 201A drivers assist package for 22,400 bucks and zero percent interest rate for 5 years. Out the door with tax and a new tag, 24400 dollars. I am averaging 50 mpg around town in Lake Placid Florida. On the highway I never drive over 65 mph. I usually keep it at 60. There is a new product McGuires Ultimate Fast Finish. It bonds to the clear coat finish creating a barrier between your paint and the elements. You can even use it on the interior including leather, plastic and painted plastic.

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·