Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

RIP C-max

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   raadsel

raadsel

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 629 posts
  • Region:U.S. Mountain
  • LocationHouston, TX
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL

Posted 01 July 2018 - 08:18 PM

I agree - best car I've ever had, in terms of comfort ("like sitting on my living room sofa" friend said after 14 hour drive), features, maintenance, FE.

I put 325K km on our 88 Honda Civic Wagon over 15 years, with way more headaches.  As long as tranny holds up with the highway miles that I'm driving now, it will continue to be a great drive. 

I'm hoping there will be a swing to fuel cell (hydrogen) before I need another car.  Seems less expensive in terms of infrastructure with a shorter "refill time" than plug-ins.

ps my lifetime is down to 5.4L/100km, just haven't updated Fuelly for a while

Unfortunately, hydrogen isn't the answer -- at least currently. The problem is we don't have a good way to extract hydrogen from the air; current methods to "create" hydrogen costs more energy than is created. For hydrogen to become an answer, we need to have a major breakthrough.

• ptjones and obob like this

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   fbov

fbov

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 1,420 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • LocationRochester, NY
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 03 July 2018 - 10:47 PM

Funny how we all love the car... me too, by the way. It was a big shift from a RWD Volvo, but I've come to dislike low cars with poor visibility. Old Volvos were upright for their day, but this thing's placement between the larger SUVs and sedans is a perfect fit for today's "me." I've gone looking... 

Hydrogen is the long-term answer. From an ecological standpoint, it's hard to argue with water exhaust. From an energy standpoint, turning it into Helium will take care of the energy balance issue. Of course, we don't know how to do that terrestrially yet. Details, details. 

Have fun,

Frank

#23 OFFLINE   Redshift

Redshift

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 59 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • LocationTacoma, WA
  • My C-MAX's Year:2015
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max

Posted 04 July 2018 - 12:17 PM

Unfortunately, hydrogen isn't the answer -- at least currently. The problem is we don't have a good way to extract hydrogen from the air; current methods to "create" hydrogen costs more energy than is created. For hydrogen to become an answer, we need to have a major breakthrough.

It's true we don't  have the tech to extract hydrogen from the air since air has no hydrogen in it. I believe you meant water.

#24 OFFLINE   ptjones

ptjones

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Platinum Member
  • 3,632 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • LocationNewnan, GA
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX SEL

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:43 PM

Funny how we all love the car... me too, by the way. It was a big shift from a RWD Volvo, but I've come to dislike low cars with poor visibility. Old Volvos were upright for their day, but this thing's placement between the larger SUVs and sedans is a perfect fit for today's "me." I've gone looking... 

Hydrogen is the long-term answer. From an ecological standpoint, it's hard to argue with water exhaust. From an energy standpoint, turning it into Helium will take care of the energy balance issue. Of course, we don't know how to do that terrestrially yet. Details, details. 

Have fun,

Frank

Boom! LOL :)

Paul

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·