Custom Search

Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid Forum. You must register to create topics or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Here's some member benefits:
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members
  • Create photo albums and post images. . .more!
Click here to create an account now

Guest Message by DevFuse

Get you C-MAX Hybrid Registered in the official Ford Authorized Registry. More here.

Photo
- - - - -

Rear Lift Gate latch

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Mr T

Mr T

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • LocationFlorida
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid SEL

Posted 29 January 2014 - 12:37 PM

I have been having an issue with my rear liftgate hatch not closing all the way.  It will close but does not latch tight.  I get the liftgate ajar message on the instrument panel.  Is anyone else having this problem.

There is an update/adjustment on this problem from your dealer. I had same issue and update fixed it.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#22 OFFLINE   tilamg15

tilamg15

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • My C-MAX's Year:2013
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max Hybrid

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:00 PM

I have been having same problem with power liftgate not shutting properly---it closes and then pops and light stays on and liftgate ajar stays on. Only way to close it to push down with force as it is closing down electronically. Took it to dealer and I demonstrated problem and due to their lack of communication , they said there was nothing wrong with it and had kept it all day and they were not able to fix anything.
  • David Toth likes this

#23 OFFLINE   David Toth

David Toth

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 6 posts
  • Region:Central America
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Same problem here mine is automatic, in past every time I close tha liftgate with the key, once it close it makes a click noise that's how I know it's properly closed. I noticed yesterday the ajar message on my dashboard. So. Investigate and find out that there is no more click after I close the gate with the key.. If you slam the gate manually the ajar will go away. The problem is that, why would I do that if this this is a feature that I paid for ! Another problem is, if this does not close properly the light will remain on and the next day your battery will be dead. I called the dealer and they said that the have no appointment available , I said because you have no appointment available I will not jump start the care every morning. Not acceptable. Honestly this Carcost me so much money allready that I am verry sceptic all about this whole car . Mostly there are little things but, really annoying. As the take my time away from work and trip to dealer that are not efficient. If anyone has fix for this latch problem please post it on this forum so I can save another trip to dealer. Seem like every time I have issue with this car it cost me at least alone day vacation. Because they will take their sweet time whille I am waiting . Even simple thing like oil change wil take up to 2 hours.....

THE WORKS !!!!

#24 OFFLINE   David Toth

David Toth

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 24 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

Same problem here mine is automatic, in past every time I close tha liftgate with the key, once it close it makes a click noise that's how I know it's properly closed. I noticed yesterday the ajar message on my dashboard. So. Investigate and find out that there is no more click after I close the gate with the key.. If you slam the gate manually the ajar will go away. The problem is that, why would I do that if this this is a feature that I paid for ! Another problem is, if this does not close properly the light will remain on and the next day your battery will be dead. I called the dealer and they said that the have no appointment available , I said because you have no appointment available I will not jump start the care every morning. Not acceptable. Honestly this Carcost me so much money allready that I am verry sceptic all about this whole car . Mostly there are little things but, really annoying. As the take my time away from work and trip to dealer that are not efficient. If anyone has fix for this latch problem please post it on this forum so I can save another trip to dealer. Seem like every time I have issue with this car it cost me at least one day of my vacation, b
ecause they will take their sweet time whille I am waiting . Even simple thing like oil change wil take up to 2 hours.....

THE WORKS !!!!

#25 OFFLINE   wab

wab

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 927 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Locationnorth texas
  • Current Vehicle:C-Max SEL 303 with Glass Roof

Posted 24 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Same problem here mine is automatic, in past every time I close tha liftgate with the key, once it close it makes a click noise that's how I know it's properly closed. I noticed yesterday the ajar message on my dashboard. So. Investigate and find out that there is no more click after I close the gate with the key.. If you slam the gate manually the ajar will go away. The problem is that, why would I do that if this this is a feature that I paid for ! Another problem is, if this does not close properly the light will remain on and the next day your battery will be dead. I called the dealer and they said that the have no appointment available , I said because you have no appointment available I will not jump start the care every morning. Not acceptable. Honestly this Carcost me so much money allready that I am verry sceptic all about this whole car . Mostly there are little things but, really annoying. As the take my time away from work and trip to dealer that are not efficient. If anyone has fix for this latch problem please post it on this forum so I can save another trip to dealer. Seem like every time I have issue with this car it cost me at least alone day vacation. Because they will take their sweet time whille I am waiting . Even simple thing like oil change wil take up to 2 hours.....

THE WORKS !!!!

Greetings and welcome

There is a lot of help available on this forum.

#1 is Crystal our Official Ford rep

http://fordcmaxhybri...hley#entry46121

You'll have to make 5 more posts on different threads (a forum restriction) before you can send her a private message (Send me a message)

http://fordcmaxhybri...79-fordservice/

I have a couple of  suggestions,

find a new dealer, you can use ANY Ford dealer.

Get your oil changed ANYWHERE but your dealership, you DO NOT have to have your oil changed by Ford!

Good Luck

Edited by wab, 24 July 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#26 OFFLINE   David Toth

David Toth

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Same problem here mine is automatic, in past every time I close tha liftgate with the key, once it close it makes a click noise that's how I know it's properly closed. I noticed yesterday the ajar message on my dashboard. So. Investigate and find out that there is no more click after I close the gate with the key.. If you slam the gate manually the ajar will go away. The problem is that, why would I do that if this this is a feature that I paid for ! Another problem is, if this does not close properly the light will remain on and the next day your battery will be dead. I called the dealer and they said that the have no appointment available , I said because you have no appointment available I will not jump start the care every morning. Not acceptable. Honestly this Carcost me so much money allready that I am verry sceptic all about this whole car . Mostly there are little things but, really annoying. As the take my time away from work and trip to dealer that are not efficient. If anyone has fix for this latch problem please post it on this forum so I can save another trip to dealer. Seem like every time I have issue with this car it cost me at least one day of my vacation, b
ecause they will take their sweet time whille I am waiting . Even simple thing like oil change wil take up to 2 hours.....
THE WORKS !!!!

I have 10 am appointment now is noon and they have not even looked at the car. :( really annoyed with the service they said your car is next.

#27 OFFLINE   David Toth

David Toth

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:56 AM

I have 10 am appointment now is noon and they have not even looked at the car. :( really annoyed with the service they said your car is next.

Another vacation day wasted at ford dealership

#28 OFFLINE   David Toth

David Toth

• C-MAX Hybrid Facebook
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

the finaly agreed and wil replace the lock strange thing I have also noticed that it is made of plastic yo would think that lock would made of metal but it is not
Also it turns out that this whole thing has something to do with pressure in the car I was trying to demonstrate this problem at the dealer whille they were watching but it was fine. Later I gave up and left. Vent to grocery store. Tried open the gate again this time the ajar statesd on so it works with the window open but not with closed window my question is what has changed in the year I own this car.

#29 OFFLINE   gnardie

gnardie

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 2 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • LocationUrbana, IL
  • Current Vehicle:2013 C-MAX Hybrid

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:18 PM

Hello all,

After losing my 12 V battery (the battery that starts the car) last month to what now appears to be a liftgate ajar issue, I want to emphasize that there is a TSB for this issue with Ford.  Take it to the dealer.  I will quote an earlier post  "TSB 12-12-6,  LIFTGATE DOES NOT POWER CLOSE OR THE LIFTGATE AJAR LIGHT IS ON

Fix is to adjust the stop bumpers."  At my dealer this cost me $120.  Super annoying.  Ford knows about these flaws, avoids a recall, knows the fix is quick and easy, and still makes a profit off of them.  

#30 OFFLINE   Plus 3 Golfer

Plus 3 Golfer

C-Max Hybrid Member

• C-MAX Hybrid Member
  • 1,785 posts
  • Location"Valley of the Sun" - AZ
  • Current Vehicle:2013

Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:46 PM

Hello all,

After losing my 12 V battery (the battery that starts the car) last month to what now appears to be a liftgate ajar issue, I want to emphasize that there is a TSB for this issue with Ford.  Take it to the dealer.  I will quote an earlier post  "TSB 12-12-6,  LIFTGATE DOES NOT POWER CLOSE OR THE LIFTGATE AJAR LIGHT IS ON

Fix is to adjust the stop bumpers."  At my dealer this cost me $120.  Super annoying.  Ford knows about these flaws, avoids a recall, knows the fix is quick and easy, and still makes a profit off of them.  

Attached is the related TSB.  This TSB has been around for quite some time and available on the internet.  IMO, you should only go to the dealer if you are under warranty as the adjustment is simple.  Why spend $120 at the dealer for a 5-10 minute easy fix.

Attached Files

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer, 10 October 2017 - 08:21 PM.

• obob likes this

Custom Search

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy TERMS OF SERVICE ·