2013 C Max SEL Ordered 11/20 and just now getting VIN #

CassyD

Ordered a ruby red sel with package 302a on November 20th. February 1st dealer received the VIN# and on Feb 5th they have a build date of March 4th. After reading several of the post I am getting a little apprehensive with all the post about electrical issues. Mileage doesnt bother me to much as the 2010 Edge we drive now gets between 18 and 22 at best and even less when its really cold as we use the remote start so the vehicle is good and warm in the morning when we get off work.

We have test driven both the Prius and C Max and like the feel and pep of the C Max over the Prius. I am so tired of the wait, but it seems the end is in sight now at least and I am  hopeful that most of the negative issues on here are not what most C Max owners are having to deal with. These are the exception rather than the rule. I have owned Fords off and on for some time and have always been pleased with the quality of vehicle and have had very few problems with them.

Will update once the car gets in and can get a few miles on it and will list any issues that have come to light....hope its a short list !

I order mine a few days ago. I was hoping for delivery by Memorial day. Now hearing this I might not get it until July. From what I hear after the cars are built they get shipped to a distrubution center in Tenn. before going on to the dealerships. Bet you wont sleep for a month expecting a call that your car is ready for pick up. Congrats

Cassy, you are so close, hang in, it is worth the wait.  Remember that most people will post comments if they have an issue, rightly so, but it is rare that people post that everything is working and acting right.

I am about to hit a month of ownership and other than for a rear brake rotor that had an issue and a TSB for the auto-lift gate, I am good.  My lifetime mileage just hit 39.0 and I am not lightfooted while driving. 

Good luck, be patient!!

Cassy and Johnn, enjoy the anticipation.  I didn't realize how lucky I was until I started coming to the forum: my dealer was able to find what I wanted at another dealership a little north, so I only had to wait a week (no ordering). 

Cassy, please don't worry about the electric issues -- most owners here haven't had that problem.  The problems that have popped up seem to be mainly with the SE, not the SEL  So far, I've only had a problem with a windshield wiper blade breaking.  Will deal with any other problems when they crop up -- the car is worth it!

Has anyone had a issue with dealer installed remotes ? That was one of the options we chose and found out that it was not a factory install and is to be done after the car arrives at the dealership. I have seen some comments reference there being two different types of them and one is prefered over the other. The one we had installed on the Edge was a 3rd party installer and have never had a problem as it has a great range and is a multifunctional use. The only option we didnt add to that one because it was really new at the time was where you could start it with your cell phone from any place you had a cell signal.

Any recommendations or opinions appreciated.

Has anyone had a issue with dealer installed remotes ? That was one of the options we chose and found out that it was not a factory install and is to be done after the car arrives at the dealership. I have seen some comments reference there being two different types of them and one is prefered over the other. The one we had installed on the Edge was a 3rd party installer and have never had a problem as it has a great range and is a multifunctional use. The only option we didnt add to that one because it was really new at the time was where you could start it with your cell phone from any place you had a cell signal.

Any recommendations or opinions appreciated.

Yes, the C-Max remote start is a dealer installed option.  So it comes as an extra fob on your keychain.  I highly recommend getting the bi-directional over standard remote start.  However, the bi-directional only comes with one fob, as opposed to two for the standard.  I should say the C-Max Energi comes with remote start from the factory.

Ford has totally screwed this up as you can't order the bi-directional on the order form (at least when I ordered my car end of July).  The bi-directional is only around $70 more, and offers 250 extra feet in range and confirmation that the car actually received the signal and started.

The antenna for the unidirectional is:

IMG 0761

IMG 0760

Note Ford recommends installing behind the rear-view mirror for the unidirectional, but the automatic rain sensing wipers sensor blocks that location, so my dealer put it on the rear-view mirror. I don't think they had to but they did.

The antenna for the bi-directional is:

IMG 0793

IMG 0792

• 3 weeks later...
Ordered a ruby red sel with package 302a on November 20th. February 1st dealer received the VIN# and on Feb 5th they have a build date of March 4th. After reading several of the post I am getting a little apprehensive with all the post about electrical issues. Mileage doesnt bother me to much as the 2010 Edge we drive now gets between 18 and 22 at best and even less when its really cold as we use the remote start so the vehicle is good and warm in the morning when we get off work.

We have test driven both the Prius and C Max and like the feel and pep of the C Max over the Prius. I am so tired of the wait, but it seems the end is in sight now at least and I am  hopeful that most of the negative issues on here are not what most C Max owners are having to deal with. These are the exception rather than the rule. I have owned Fords off and on for some time and have always been pleased with the quality of vehicle and have had very few problems with them.

Will update once the car gets in and can get a few miles on it and will list any issues that have come to light....hope its a short list !

Got the window sticker today with a build date of March 6th.Hoepfully by the end of March we will be FINALLY driving the new car rather than waiting for it to be built and get to the dealer.

Checked with dealer today. Ours was made on schedule of March 6th and is in delivery now. Scheduled to be at dealership Monday the 11th. Once they get possession should be just a day to clean up, install the remote starter system. Should get possession Tuesday or Wednesday. Going to spend some time tomorrow cleaning up the Ford Edge, getting stuff out of it and snap a few pictures of it for the scrapbook. Hoping the C-Max lives up to my expectations. This will be the first time I have ordered a brand new car from a dealer. With that being said, I got all the options and color combination I was looking for when this quest began !  HURRAY UP TUESDAY AND GET HERE. THE ANTICIPATION IS GETTING TO ME NOW.....................

Cassy! Won't be much longer now! How exciting. The wait is almost over!

I am sure ready...what part of LA are you in ? I was in New Orleans for 5 days in January. I was there for the 1st parade and before the superbowl. No place on earth like New Orleans. Next trip rather than do the train experience, we will drive the new car !

Dealer emailed at 1425 hours today says car is there and being off loaded from truck now. Seen message at 5 and drove straight to dealer. Sure enough it is here. Will complete service and prep in a.m. and suppose to pick it up mid morning. Yeppie, only 16 weeks and 4 days from order date to delivery. Also the remote starter was orginally shown to be dealer install but it has been installed at the factory so will not be delayed any more to get it installed. Next stop Monday or Tuesday to get 35% window tinting all way around. Bet it gets a couple of hundred miles on it later today!

Just got home with it. Got the Sirius radio up and going. Downloaded phone book all with no hicup at all. Headed out on about a 120 mile round trip just to see how well it does and I do learning the curve on how to drive a hybrid. LOL. Dealer started to put the new floor mats in but I told him not to mess with it as we had the weather tech digifit sitting in a box at home ( 8 blocks from dealer ) and have had them for this car for about  6 weeks already. Only hold up was getting the car to put them in !