My first MFT Reboot

I've had my SEL since the end of November and knock on wood it has been smooth sailing with no problems.  I had my first reboot yesterday and it caught me off guard.  When I backed out of a space at a shopping mall, my screen was black, no camera, no music, no climate.  I thought "oh dear, what is happening?"  Then it started rebooting.  That took maybe two minutes maximum and then all was back to normal.  Have I said before that I just love MFT!  Our navigation is great, and we are learning all the right phrases like "min air" etc.  Just love everything about my car!!

Laurel,

I think we took possession of our cars on the same day....Nov. 29, 2012, right? Mine did the reboot thing, exactly as you describe, about 2 weeks ago. Must be a shopping thing, because I was leaving Kohl's after b'day shopping for my granddaughter. I can't really tell what changed, because I still have the same issues  w/ SYNC, MFT/  as before. I also agree, I love....let me say it again ..... LOVE my C-Max, and I'm confident that all my issues will be resolved sooner rather than later. I loved your phrase * I'm hungry*!!!! I tried that and  it worked like a charm. Would you care to share any others that you have learned? I asked at the auto show yesterday in Detroit, and they told me about changing the setttings to *advanced*. I'll see if that helps.

Laurel, I think we took possession of our C-Maxes the same day....Nov. 29, 2012, right? I had the same reboot experience.....about 2 weeks ago. It must be a shopping thing, because I was just leaving Kohl's after shopping for my granddaughter's 3rd b'day. I can't really tell that the reboot did anything.....I still have the same SYNC/MFT issues as before. But, like you I LOVE MY C-MAX! and I'm confident that all the glitches will be resolved sooner rather than later.

Oh, and the lower Fuelly score at the bottom........-9* to +9* for the past week, short trips, and my husband driving a couple of times, sucked the life out of my FE. But warmer days are coming this week!

I will have to pass the buck since I don't have the car and cannot test them out. Blah! Laurel? Adair?

Ok, you're on the hook for....lets see.....lets see.....lets see.....ah...ha......CMax Music choice - there you go. Start compiling the music for your CMax to dump into a USB drive and post up any great suggestions, preferably with youtube link. Indie, Pop, Dance, Folk anything interesting for our wide range of CMax owners here.

You already have a head start on this.... ;) 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

The screen says performing scheduled maintenance.  So it wouldn't surprise me if everyone gets this eventually because there is a schedule :).

Although MFT will sometimes also reboot if it detects a problem.

Pattern I see is it has rebooted every sunday morning when I go out to get a cup of coffee and some donuts around 4:30 - 5:00 Am

Wingrider01

Maybe in a past life the sheet metal for your CMax was recycled from a police Crown Vic. Since the internal GPS can track the car it knows it's headed for donuts and coffee and it over stimulates the vehicle's circuits to the point that MFT reboots.

then it would be rebooting every morning considering the job I retired from, every car I drove did not need gps to find the Donut shop, still get them free even though I retired. never drove a department crown vic though

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I dislike the reboot, its probably a good thing. At the Irvine meeting, I asked the MFT team for a reboot option in the next version of MFT (as versus Master Reset), lets see. It seems like the MFT only does its own reboot when things are really, really bad but a user initiated "cautionary" reboot might be the trick until the next version is stable enough (and even then, I suspect MFT will find a way to crash).

I just had to use the reboot app http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html for the first time today.

All the radio preset buttons had gone blank and stayed that way for a couple of days.  The previous time that happened, it cleared up after the next power-up.

Oh well - the reboot seems to have fixed it.

Seems strange they supply a Master Reset setting but not a simple Reboot.  I guess that would be admitting they could have bugs that a reboot would clear up.

I guess I'll be keeping that USB drive in the console now.

I just had to use the reboot app http://outofmytouch.com/reboot.html for the first time today.

All the radio preset buttons had gone blank and stayed that way for a couple of days.  The previous time that happened, it cleared up after the next power-up.

Oh well - the reboot seems to have fixed it.

Seems strange they supply a Master Reset setting but not a simple Reboot.  I guess that would be admitting they could have bugs that a reboot would clear up.

I guess I'll be keeping that USB drive in the console now.

Did you by any chance switch between the different FMs, or maybe between AM to FM.  That works for me.