Only radio works.

gommet

A few weeks ago, the voice commands in my mothers car stopped working. When clicking the phone button on the dashboard nothing happens, same with trying to use voice commands with the steering wheel buttons. If you click media it will take you to the radio and not even an aux cord works with it. Can somebody tell me how to fix this?

• 1 year later...

I'm sure this problem has been resolved, as it's been well over a year. My radio would not change station, volume or shut off. No commands on the right side of steering wheel either...Navigation, phone ect....  The battery thusly died within a couple of days with the radio running all day & night. Charged it at 10 amps for 3 hours. It seems that rebooted the system and all is fine now.

On 11/9/2022 at 1:47 PM, Gator said:

I'm sure this problem has been resolved, as it's been well over a year. My radio would not change station, volume or shut off. No commands on the right side of steering wheel either...Navigation, phone ect....  The battery thusly died within a couple of days with the radio running all day & night. Charged it at 10 amps for 3 hours. It seems that rebooted the system and all is fine now.

My first bet would have been to disconnect the 12 V neg cable from the battery, then reconnect it.  Glad it seems to have resolved via dead battery.

On 11/9/2022 at 4:47 PM, Gator said:

Classic ACM freezing issues. My stock response:

Workaround is the common Fuse 79 pull. Proper fix for this is to work with your dealer to update the ACM. This same issue has been documented and fixed on other models like the Fusion. I can also confirm having the ACM updated in my 2013 fixed this issue outright. Haven't had it happen in 4+ years.

The battery being drained completely essentially power cycled it, same as what you'd do by pulling fuse 79. Basically the 'ol 'Turn it off and back on again'.