Ford Tech Response to Clock and Calendar Problems

Generalbeluga

Below is my concerns and the response that I received from Ford regarding my clock and calendar issues:

My calendar is always one day ahead of the current day and there is no user interface to correct it.  Also, every time my SYNC system has a "maintenance update" it sets my clock to the incorrect time.  It is very annoying!  When will Ford release an update to correct these and other SYNC issues??

Thank you for your email in regarding the calendar.

We are aware the issue exists but we do not have an ETA on when this issue will be resolved. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Toya

Ford Motor Company

SYNC Support Center

• 3 weeks later...

My wife usually drives the Maxer and tells me when the clock is off which is generally once or twice a week.  I then generally reset the clock the next time I drive the car (if I notice / remember it's off) which could be a few days later.  I've never noticed the clock resetting itself after my wife informed me it was off.   

My wife usually drives the Maxer and tells me when the clock is off which is generally once or twice a week.  I then generally reset the clock the next time I drive the car (if I notice / remember it's off) which could be a few days later.  I've never noticed the clock resetting itself after my wife informed me it was off.   

Are you syncing the clock to GPS? I have not seen the clock problem since changing the time sync source to GPS.

It has been noted that even C-Maxes without navigation have a GPS built into the system.  It is how the car can learn your frequent destinations and go into EV+ mode when close to them.  I have not been in a car without navigation to confirm that the settings section on the center screen still allows you to sync the clock to GPS.

On a handful of occasions I have seen the time off when I initially start up that quickly corrects itself.  While driving I have not had a problem with incorrect time but updated the sync to GPS the day after I got the car.  I have more of a problem with the GPS frequently showing me in between blocks and off route even though I turned where it told me to.

donhak, the only problem we've had with the C-Max (SEL) is the Nav.  I tried inserting the latitude and longitude - hoping that would straighten things but that didn't work.  I've attached my TomTom GPS to the dash because the Nav is so unreliable.  I haven't taken it back to the dealer because no one on the forum who has taken it back to the dealer has had the problem resolved.  I'm hoping that the alleged soon-to-be update will correct the problem.  If not, I'll take it to the dealer and hope they can fix it.  There is no real excuse for the Nav not to work.  It's not like its new technololgy.

On a plus side, I like the weather map.  It has been really be good for trips.

Are you syncing the clock to GPS? I have not seen the clock problem since changing the time sync source to GPS.

How?

My husband did the same as Darrell in week one of us getting the car nearly 3 months ago i.e. syncing with GPS and no problems since.

How?

I too have a SEL.  I do NOT have navigation.  The C-Max owners manual says it can be done and does not mention navigation as a prerequisite.  So if anyone knows how to do this in a non-navigation environment, please share the secret.

adThanksvance.

I too have a SEL.  I do NOT have navigation.  The C-Max owners manual says it can be done and does not mention navigation as a prerequisite.  So if anyone knows how to do this in a non-navigation environment, please share the secret.

If you look in the MFT Users Guide, here's what it says.

automatically 
(if equipped with navigation)
• Touch Settings > Clock
• Touch Reset to set clock to GPS time

We don't have such line item on the clock settings display 

Edited by Plus 3 Golfer

I would have to go sit in my car to tell you the exact way to do this.  But, you need to just go to settings and follow the prompts.  I think it was settings, clock, and then set to GPS.  My clock reverted to the wrong time, I found the GPS setting, and haven't had a problem since.  

Honestly, the best way to learn about the MFT is to sit in the car and just keep following menus.

Edited by asb

I would have to go sit in my car to tell you the exact way to do this.  But, you need to just go to settings and follow the prompts.  I think it was settings, clock, and then set to GPS.  My clock reverted to the wrong time, I found the GPS setting, and haven't had a problem since.  

Honestly, the best way to learn about the MFT is to sit in the car and just keep following menus.

If your car does not have navigation, there is no set clock to gps time in the clock settings display.