Deer 1 - Cmax 0 - might be totaled

WNY

I have had a blast with my 2013 Cmax and learned a lot on these forum.  I bought in 2015 with 19K miles.   Now, a little over 102K miles. 

First,  I am fine, no injuries at all.  Just a little shaken up is all at the time.  Yesterday (9/19) on the hiway doing 65, I hit a 4 point Buck, never saw it.  it jumped out of median right into the car, almost thru the windshield.  As you can see, bumper, fender, hood and windshield are damaged.  It didn't blow any airbags. didn't look like any fluids were leaking either. it did kill the car/battery. I know the computer is the fender somewhere.   I had the 4 ways on but after a while, they stopped.  When Wrecker got there, it would not turn on to put in neutral, we did finally figured out in the center console, the clip under the shifter to release it. 

It's at body shop and insurance adjuster has to look at it. not sure if they will fix or not. ? if they total it, I might look for another one, or looking at the new Ford Maverick Hybrid truck. 

Thanks all! :) 

cmax_Damage_1.jpg

Sorry to see that and glad you are OK.  I miss MADMAX, It was the best car/ FORD I have ever owned with 273k mi., we figured we have had around 30 Fords.  I'm getting use to FEHP and like the extra room and the plugin.  I had two deer run into MADMAX and they didn't total it. Let us know what you do.

Paul

On 9/20/2021 at 8:40 PM, WNY said:

... if they total it, I might look for another one, or looking at the new Ford Maverick Hybrid truck. 

Still have the original transmission? If so, it's totaled, and you'll likely be disappointed in the amount you receive. When I traded my 2013 in, it was losing value rapidly. (My trade-in was worth $7K in July 2018, $5K in January 2020.)

If you liked the C-Max, get an Escape Hybrid. Much the same, except what's better. If you have your heart set on the Maverick Hybrid, get used to walking. As @JAZnoted, Maverick has a long wait list and hasn't started delivery yet. Hybrid deliveries may trail the turbo.

Edited by fbov

Thanks all! 

Still waiting on estimate, they are crazy busy, not like I do have other vehicle to drive, so no hurry. hopefully find out first of next week. 

At Least my new job (that I Just started at same company, moved to another position, since my old position was going to be eliminated in the next 6 months) I can work from home 3 days a week.!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Body shop estimated $10-11K in Visible damages, they totaled it. Just waiting on insurance check. 

I'll be looking for another one. ?
Already found a few online a few years newer. 

Well, my search has lead me to a 2017 Rav 4 Hybrid (only 29K miles), not quite as high MPG as Cmax, but more room and all wheel drive along with other creature comforts. Thanks for all the info and a great car I had, it's been FUN and learned a lot on this forums. 

Edited by WNY