High mileage C-Max experiences

fxo

My 2016 C-Max Energi is new to me, it has 95K miles. It seems C-Max's can easily run to 150k miles and probably 200k when properly maintained.  Is this true?

What are experiences out there in realm of 150K and above? Is the C-Max capable to 200k and even well above? I saw one post about 310k miles on a 2013, with a CVT replacement in between, but what about a post to cover this topic now that the vehicle is exactly 9 years since introduction into the United States in October 2012.

The CMax Energi has an inept thermal regulatory system.  It can not control the battery temperature during warm weather.   The battery's optimum temperature is 76f which gives a healthy range of 69-83f.   It is very difficult if not impossible to decrease the battery temperature while driving in warm summer weather even with the air conditioner at full blast.   I monitor such in real time with third party hardware.   The battery temperature will heat up just sitting in the warm sun, so find shade to park in.    The Energi has a battery kWh capacity of 5.6 when new.  Many owners degrade their battery towards 4.0 and below without even knowing it.   Charging up the battery will also heat it up more so on the 240V electrical system where around 9.6 amps is used for charging.   Ex

cessive driving in electric mode will also heat up the battery especially in EV now.   The 120V system uses around 3.5 amp for charging and may be safer during warmer weather.   Do the battery capacity test to find out what kWh capacity your vehicle currently has.