Looking to possibly LiFT 2017 C-Max SE

Hello;

I just bought a 2017 C-Max SE with 46,500 miles several days ago ... so far so good with everything - and I have what may possibly be an odd question right off the bat:

Does anyone know of anyone having lifted their C-Max (suspension system)?    I'd like to see a lift of between 2" and 4", for several reasons (sit higher in traffic - raised ground clearance for driving over an extra couple or 3" of snow - whenever it comes), etc.

Hoping this post is in an appropriate area (category).

Thanks in advance,
g....

Edited by Still_FORD_For_Me

• 1 month later...

A four-inch lift would be pretty radical. You'd alter the angles of the axles and  wheels so much that the life of CV joints would be reduced. That might change the effectiveness of the vehicle's stability control, too. I lifted my TDI Beetle by two inches, years ago, and that was a significant change that bro

ught no ill effects during the next 50K miles I owned the car. If I ever feel like replacing or upgrading shocks, I'd do a one-inch lift on my C-Max just for a little curb and pothole protection.

This  question has been asked here before, but no one has reported doing a lift. I have seen one spacer kits out of Russia listed on ebay, so maybe that's an option. I've always assumed that the suspension parts are interchangeable with Ford Focus models, but I haven't confirmed that. Nobody seems to modify C-Maxes, and the online community is thin, so you're on your own, Mi Amigo.

Edited by NRGTi