It just keeps getting better....and better

Nascar36

My C-Max has just over 2000 miles on it. December was the month we brought it home, our first tank was 35 mpg or so, second tank was a little lower, about 34 mpg. Those tanks were used when the temps were in the high 20's to low 30's. Then, the next tank was 39 mpg. Temps were in the 40's. This tank, everyday I am in the 50's on the trips back and forth to work. Temps are in the upper 40's to low 50's. I think this tank will average high 40's to 50 mpg. I love this car!

Nascar36,

I am glad you are getting good gas mileage with your C-Max.  I bought my C-Max the week of Thanksgiving, and I was seeing my overall gas mileage climb every week until two weeks ago, when a brutal cold front brought the coldest weather we have seen in a number of years.  Since then, my overall mileage has been declining, which has been hard to take.  Oh well, there's really nothing to do but hunker down and long for the warmer days of spring, when I hope I get a better picture of what my C-Max can achieve in terms of gas mileage.

My overall MPG (reset at 1000 mi) has remained pretty steady at 40.3, but has started going up to .5 and .6.  I figure I'll reset it again at 2000 mi to get a better current average.  BTW Bob, how are things in Malvern?  I lived not too far from there, on the mainline years ago (Villanova grad).  Enjoyed my time in Philly.

Presently, my car has a little over1800 miles. The MPG for interstate driving has steadily increased from 32-33 mpg running at 75mph on rolling terrain up to around 35-36 mpg. The mpg for in or around city driving started out at 34-36 mpg and has increased to 40-42 mpg running at speeds from 40-65 mph. I'm seeing the mpg increase on level and downhill runs (lower speeds 40-60 mph); occasionally the car stays in the electric mode pulling hills with a minimal incline in grade. However, in most instances the motor remains engaged when going up an incline at speeds of 40-65 mph. (lower MPG) I'm certainly having to learning how to drive this type of vehicle in order to achieve the desired mpg results; it is definitely different than my old F-150 Super Cab Lariat PU. I added a 35lb. 2' drill free trailer hitch made by Torklift.com out of WA State for a Thule 4 bike carrier and have not noticed any difference in the mpg. (Presently only1 bike) It was very easy to install to. The car is a fun to drive, rides comfortably, easy to get in and out of, very little road noise, has plenty of HP for passing situations, and is very responsive.  One thing I have noticed or I think I’ve noticed is that because of my smaller size that are a lot of jokers out there that like to cut me off or ride my four point contact.  Oh well, overall its all good.