White C-Max SEL - Early March Delivery

rums54

Hello to the forum.

My wife and I ordered a C-Max SEL in white. It should be delivered in early March and we're very excited about this car.

We are Ford/Mercury and Audi people. We have two Audis in the family but they are owned by my sons. Both also have Fords. My vehicle is a 2004 Ford Explorer with about 55,000 miles on it. I traded in my 2007 Ford Freestyle with around 120,000 worry free miles on it this past summer to get the Explorer. We bought a bigger boat and the Freestyle couldn't pull it, so we bought the Explorer. My wife drives a 2008 Mercury Sable and we love that car - very roomy, quiet and comfortable but the mileage is only around 23-25 mpg. We have a vacation home in the Adirondack Mountains of New York and when the C-Max is delivered, we'll drop the Explorer off at the house in NY where it will remain and be our boat/skidoo/snowmobile towing vehicle. I will get the Sable and my wife will drive the C-Max.

I'm sure I'll have many questions for this group as we get closer to delivery and after that. I have a few now which I will post in the appropriate section of the forum.

My wife and I ordered a C-Max SEL in white. It should be delivered in early March...

Oh wow, you are so patient, I would go insane waiting over a month for a car.  As soon as I got the green light, I was checking inventory at 6 or 7 local dealer's sites 3 or 4 times A DAY.  I was like <f5> <f5> <f5> in the inventory screens.  We test drove at dealer A, I was on the phone with dealer B (because they were the offical CostCo dealer), but then neither A nor B had exactly what I wanted and when dealer C showed up with a Sterling Gray/Blk interior SEL with option package 301A, that was all she wrote!   This took about two weeks, and I was going crazy at the end.  When the sales person at dealer C called me and said she had what I wanted, I told her I'd be there in an hour, even though I was still over 20 minutes from home at the time. I broke the speed limit all the way home, stopped long enough to get the title and a checkbook and my wife, and off we raced to the dealer.  We got there, and there was another couple driving MY CAR, and I was almost sick.  I asked our dealer what happens if we both wanted it, and she said, 'whoever gets the paperwork done first gets it.'  This may have been Sales Tactics 101, but I was so frantic the thought never even crossed my mind.  Secretly I was ready to tear up their papers if they got done first.  For some BIZZARE reason the other couple passed on my car (clearly they didn't know a good deal when it was staring them in the face), and the story had a happy ending.

I hope your story has a happy ending as well.

We ordered ours November 20TH. Got the vin # on February 1st, then on Feb 5th got the production date of 03/24.It took us 13 weeks from order to get vin# ( Feb 1st) then 4 more days to get the production date of March 4th. That is another 4 weeks till build date/week. I figure 3 week more til delivered to dealer. Best we can figure is somewhere between 15 - 20 weeks from orginal order date till delivery. That is a long wait but hopefully we will be pleased with it when it finally arrives. One of the delays was probably Thanksgiving holidays then Christmas and New Years so that would knock out a least 2 or 3 weeks they plant was probably down. Old saying " good things come to those who wait"...I will let you know if there is a ounce of truth in that come April or May after we get a 1000 miles or so on it. :yahoo:

Oh wow, you are so patient, I would go insane waiting over a month for a car.  As soon as I got the green light, I was checking inventory at 6 or 7 local dealer's sites 3 or 4 times A DAY.  I was like <f5> <f5> <f5> in the inventory screens.  We test drove at dealer A, I was on the phone with dealer B (because they were the offical CostCo dealer), but then neither A nor B had exactly what I wanted and when dealer C showed up with a Sterling Gray/Blk interior SEL with option package 301A, that was all she wrote!   This took about two weeks, and I was going crazy at the end.  When the sales person at dealer C called me and said she had what I wanted, I told her I'd be there in an hour, even though I was still over 20 minutes from home at the time. I broke the speed limit all the way home, stopped long enough to get the title and a checkbook and my wife, and off we raced to the dealer.  We got there, and there was another couple driving MY CAR, and I was almost sick.  I asked our dealer what happens if we both wanted it, and she said, 'whoever gets the paperwork done first gets it.'  This may have been Sales Tactics 101, but I was so frantic the thought never even crossed my mind.  Secretly I was ready to tear up their papers if they got done first.  For some BIZZARE reason the other couple passed on my car (clearly they didn't know a good deal when it was staring them in the face), and the story had a happy ending.

I hope your story has a happy ending as well.

We have had the same experience on ordering the C-Max Energi. Ordered in late November 2012, build date is scheduled for week of 2/25 with delivery scheduled for week ot 3/11. Thought maybe the Energi was the issue but sound like the entire C-Max line is slow from order to delivery.

• 1 month later...

We picked up our C-Max this afternoon! I'd like to post a picture but I don't know how to make my picture small enough. Anyway, we're already loving it. Neither my wife nor I are skilled with technology so it took around 30 minutes to figure out how to preset our first Sirius station.

We picked up our C-Max this afternoon! I'd like to post a picture but I don't know how to make my picture small enough. Anyway, we're already loving it. Neither my wife nor I are skilled with technology so it took around 30 minutes to figure out how to preset our first Sirius station.

Don't worry, I am suppose to be tech savy but I don't even preset or use Sirius...good ole USB  :rockon:

! I'd like to post a picture but I don't know how to make my picture small enough. 

Do you have a smart phone?   If so, get a photobucket account and download the phone app.  It will downsize your camera phone photos for you, upload them to your photo bucket account, and then you simply copy/paste the photobucket link of the photo into your forum post.  Easy peasy.