Sony Audio: 100 or 390 watt?

On the Ford website under Technology, it talks about the Sony HD audio system having 390 Watts.  But the C-MAX with the Sony option only has 100 Watts?  Is it really true?

Its definitely not 390. Truedelta.com lists the power at 100 watts and that sounds about right to me.

A 400 watt system is more like this;

http://www.fender.com/news/cnet-names-fender-premium-audio-best-sounding-car-stereo-of-2011/

Edited by darrelld

I can't answer your question definitively, but I can tell you that my wife's Sony HD Audio system in her 2013 Escape is much nicer.  I think it's mostly due to the subwoofer in the rear of the Escape.  I am about positive that the C-Max does not have a subwoofer.  At least I haven't found it yet if it is there.  It also seems that the other speakers are less powered than hers are.  My assumption would be that the C-Max does have a 100W system, while the other Sony HD setups have the 390W setups.  It would be interesting to see what's in the Fusion Hybrid though.

I can't answer your question definitively, but I can tell you that my wife's Sony HD Audio system in her 2013 Escape is much nicer.  I think it's mostly due to the subwoofer in the rear of the Escape.  I am about positive that the C-Max does not have a subwoofer.  At least I haven't found it yet if it is there.  It also seems that the other speakers are less powered than hers are.  My assumption would be that the C-Max does have a 100W system, while the other Sony HD setups have the 390W setups.  It would be interesting to see what's in the Fusion Hybrid though.

I wonder if that was partly because of electrical draw would hurt efficiency.  Chevy makes a big to do about the custom low power Bose audio in the Volt.