Have had my C-Max for three weeks

retiredtraveler

Hi and welcome RetiredTraveler!

There is a great *search* box up at the top right. You can search individual forums, or you can search the whole thing at once. If you don't find the answer, start a new topic and ask it here. Everyone is very helpful and knowledgeable. We all pretty much agree that the index in the owner's manual is......how do I say this politely?........not the best.

I've had mine for 2 months and I'm still learning new stuff...sure I will be for a while.

Have fun!

Adair

Just getting into this forum. I've had the C-Max for three weeks. I like the torque, handling, ride. But, I'm overwhelmed with the electronics and have not figured out how to set a number of items. I'll learn slowly but surely. I have the SEL model, so it has all kinds of toys.

Welcome, welcome, welcome. If you're overwhelmed with electronics, then you certainly picked the right car, imo, there is NO better hybrid that behaves and looks more like a normal car than the CMax. You have the SEL which is exactly like mine so just put that into the "Empower" mode (the left hand screen which is use 90% of the time) and leave it there, right now you don't need any other fancy stuff....hmmh...may be just press down a couple of time for the "Vehicle Range"...and thats it. Put the car into gear and go...... :shift: 

I had my car since early December and already put up a tad under 6000 miles on it. My last fill up was around 560+ miles on a single tank so my engine is broken in.

When you're more familiar with car and want to "play' then check out the Fuel Mileage section and Hybrid Driving Tips sections.

Also we tend to use acronyms around here like "MFT" but don't worry here's a super useful thread that breakdown all the acronyms we tend to throw around: http://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/index.php?/topic/974-hybrid-car-acronyms/

You're all set....so go drive, don't worry about the mileage and just enjoy the CMax  :)

Happy I found this forum! We picked up our new C-Max Monday. It is a Ruby Red SE with the 302A equipment package.

The next day I discovered water under the carpeting beneath the passenger’s seat. That's right where the tire air pump is located. It was soaked with water along with very damp carpet under it. We took it back to the dealership and they had to remove most of the interior to assure the carpet padding dried properly.

The dealership called today (Friday) declaring the problem had been solved and the carpet padding had dried properly and the interior had been reinstalled. Johnny our service rep said there was a bolt not tightened properly by the factory on the back upper back cargo door allowing rain water to gain entry. We’ve had a lot of heavy rain lately and our lil red wagon paid the price. I'm so glad I looked under the seat and discovered the moisture.

Needless to say we are excited to get new ride back and we are off to pick it up now. I hope to get more info regarding the leak. 

Rick & Val

Edited by Hero161

Traveler. welcome!  It is an ongoing discovery process.  I still swear at the MyFOrdTouch voice, but I knwo it is "operator problems" getting used to asking for things in the proper terms to be recognized.  Try it out, you will learn over time.

To add to what Jus-A-Cmax posted, I set up "My View" on the left hand screen, using most of the Empower mode, but adding a temperature gauge and removing the instant mileage part.  There is even a tachometer which I was tempted to try, but for what? No shift points on the CVT....

Enjoy your new ride