C-Max Hybrid in Brooklyn, NY

AndrewWho

Hi everyone.  In December I leased a C-Max Hybrid SE in Tuxedo Black with the 203A equipment package.  I previously owned a 2005 Focus and was looking for a little more rear seat room for the kids.  I was at the dealership to look at the Escape, but the engine recall had me a bit freaked out and I figured I can deal with a little less cargo room in exchange for much better gas mileage.  So far only averaging about 32MPG this winter but I have gotten 42MPG on trips back and forth to Staten Island.

The only blip in the experience so far is a left rear door which got stuck and had to be repaired twice.  Otherwise my wife and I love the car, and my 7 year-old son will forgive us soon for not getting the even-bigger Escape (hey, at least his knees aren't pressing up against my back like in the old Focus). 

Andrew, once the weather warms up (if it ever does) your mileage should start creeping up.  I've been getting 37-45 per trip, depending on hills, weather, etc.  I've got an average of 40.8 since the car "turned" 1000 mi.  Bummer to hear about the door problems; hopefully that will be the end of it.

Enjoy the car!

another cmax in Brooklyn!!! hooray!! we've had our sterling gray 201A since dec. 3 and have seen no others. anywhere. we are in the quiet part of williamsburg--where are you?

i love this car. except for a couple of glitches with the battery, it's been a dream--practically drives itself. can't wait for the warm weather to see about the mileage. I'm happy now but expect that it will improve. welcome to the forum.