My new C-Max

Hero161

Happy I found this forum! We picked up our new C-Max Monday. It is a Rudy Red SE with the 302A equipment package.

The next day I discovered water under the carpeting beneath the passenger’s seat. That's right where the tire air pump is located. It was soaked with water along with very damp carpet under it. We took it back to the dealership and they had to remove most of the interior to assure the carpet padding dried properly.

The dealership called today (Friday) declaring the problem had been solved and the carpet padding had dried properly and the interior had been reinstalled. Johnny our service rep said there was a bolt not tightened properly by the factory on the back upper back cargo door allowing rain water to gain entry. We’ve had a lot of heavy rain lately and our lil red wagon paid the price. I'm so glad I looked under the seat and discovered the moisture.

Needless to say we are excited to get new ride back and we are off to pick it up now. I hope to get more info regarding the leak.

Rick & Val

Thanks for sharing your story!  These are all things we need to watch out for.  Our delivery inspection (us looking over the vehicle somewhat carefully & noting down flaws just before taking delivery) revealed a stain on the 'sunroof' shade and glass fragments in the cargo area.  The dealer is providing us with a new shade on order, but no one knows where the glass might have come from.  In addition, we discovered later an outward 'ding' in the hood that had to come from the factory because there was a nick in the underside behind the black liner which was flawless.  Thankfully the dealer paid for a 'dent wizard' to remove the small tool ding.  Finally because there were a couple tiny nicks in the paint, the dealer is also giving us a touch-up paint kit (wating for us to pick up).

I am on my way right now to inspect the floor storage areas in our C-Max for water damage.  

Nick

They found the leak to be a result of two bolts loose on the the back cargo frame where the back hatch closes. This allowed water to run down and into the interior cabin. These two bolts are in vertical alignment and visible on the right side of the hatch frame when the back hatch is opened. It took our service tech at Bates Ford of Lebanon, TN two days of  seaching for the leak. He removed most of the interior and ran water all over the rear windows and back half of our C-Max. There was a celebration in the shop when he finally found the leak. They told me early on this tech was one of the best on interiors in this area and we are lucky to have him on our C-Max. It rained today and I took a long ride just to be sure everything is ok. (Hated getting my lil Red Wagon wet).

Case solved but you can bet I will watch for a long while.

By the way I'm getting over 41 mpg with a little over 100 total miles.

Edited by Hero161

They found the leak to be a result of two bolts loose on the the back cargo frame where the back hatch closes. This allowed water to run down and into the interior cabin. These two bolts are in vertical alignment and visible on the right side of the hatch frame when the back hatch is opened. It took our service tech at Bates Ford of Lebanon, TN two days of  seaching for the leak. He removed most of the interior and ran water all over the rear windows and back half of our C-Max. There was a celebration in the shop when he finally found the leak. They told me early on this tech was one of the best on interiors in this area and we are lucky to have him on our C-Max. It rain today and I took a long ride just to be sure everything is ok. (Hated getting my lil Red Wagon wet).

Case solved but you can bet I will watch for a long while.

By the way I'm getting over 41 mph with a little over 100 total miles.

Good news indeed, thanks for the update. Now enjoy your CMax. 

PS You know you've goofed up when you're getting 41 mph over 100 total miles... ;)   Thats ok, 3rd posting, you're forgiven...lol   :rockon: 

Edited by Jus-A-CMax