Just ordered one in Louisville Ky

mikeycats

Hi y'all, I have been contemplating getting a new fusion hybrid, but after driving both and reading this forum and seeing how much people love the c-max I was sold !!

I didn't want leather, so I ordered an SE with the 203 package, winter package, outside protection pkg, inside protection pkg,. The outside is ingot silver with the stone

interior. I was toid it would be about 8 weeks to as much as 10 for delivery, does that sound right?

I have been following this forum for about 2 weeks and there are some really nice, smart people on here. Thanks in advance for helping us newbies.

We ordered ours November 20TH. Got the vin # on February 1st, then on Feb 5th got the production date of 03/24.It took us 13 weeks from order to get vin# ( Feb 1st) then 4 more days to get the production date of March 4th. That is another 4 weeks till build date/week. I figure 3 week more til delivered to dealer. Best we can figure is somewhere between 15 - 20 weeks from orginal order date till delivery. That is a long wait but hopefully we will be pleased with it when it finally arrives.  One of the delays was probably Thanksgiving holidays then Christmas and New Years so that would knock out a least 2 or 3 weeks they plant was probably down. Old saying " good things come to those who wait"...I will let you know if there is a ounce of truth in that come April or May after we get a 1000 miles or so on it. :yahoo:

Hi back Mikey, and welcome!

Mine took about 6 weeks when I ordered in October. Some seem to be taking longer, but maybe your dealer has some insight into production schedules. I hope he's right. In the meantime, you came to the right place to be ready to hit the ground runnin' (in EV Mode, of course) as soon as your new C-MAX arrives. Have fun reading, and if you don't see the answer, don't be afraid to ask. In my opinion, the only dumb question is the one you *don't* ask. So fire away. You're right about there being a lot of smart folks on here. I've learned so much from them.

Glad to have you here....and maybe yours will be here in time for the summer event being planned in Michigan!

Speaking of long waits, hi Rachel.  13 days and counting until C-Day?

Welcome, Mikey.  Glad we were able to convince you to come over to the Max Side!  You will read about the different problems that people have experienced; but noticce that with 99.9% of these people, they end their posts with: "besides this problem, I love it!!"

I've thoroughly enjoyed my time (since end of November) with my Sterling Graymax, learning about it's all it's features, and how to drive it!  I hope you have as enjoyable an experience. 

13 loooong days. Sad thing is this weekend we are headed to pick up daughters wedding dress which is near the dealer. Torture knowing my baby is so close yet so far! So a trip this weekend and then turn around and go back next weekend to hopefully pick up the car. Oh well. That means 2 trips to HEB superstore. Win!

I've seen it, and liked the color. I was torn between it and the Blue Candy, which I got. I've heard the Ice Storm described as a *chameleon color* changing with the light. The colors in the brochures and on the website don't really do any of the colors justice. Is everything else there that you want? Good luck with your decision.

Yes it has everything that I want and then some, however the dealer that has it is lying to the dealer that I am working with and says that it is sold, however I spoke to 2 different salesmen anonymously and they said it was for sale and there were NO contracts on it. I guess I'll keep looking, but thanks to all !!

I have lots of things that I really like about the package!  The hands free opening hatch is super--one kick if the car is unlocked, two kicks if locked.  I like the airy panorama roof as it makes the car seem very bright and spacious.  I like the back up camera with the lines that angle with the car as it backs up.  And I like the feature that I can't remember the name of where the car has sensors front and back that indicate when you're too close to something.  I like the the park assist, but it is freaky and scary the first time you use it.  There is a post on this forum when the member didn't know to keep his foot on the brake the first time he used it and he whammed the guy behind him and got considerable damage.  So keep your foot on that brake!  I love the power of the car when you are needing it like merging on the freeway.  I scared myself the first time I put my pedal to the metal--I nearly went into orbit!  I am one of the few here that love the MFT and navigation as we have had no problems with it.  My recommendations are learning the MFT lingo and primarily use voice commands as they work very well.  I did type out a list of commands that we made a cheat sheet of and it helps.  And just go slow with commands as I think the system gets buggered if you don't let the system time to process commands.  Make sure you ALWAYS wait for the ready to drive command as it is easy to think you have turned the car on and you haven't and are in accessory mode--we had a couple of rolling back incidents doing that and you don't have power or power steering so it is disconcerting.  I love everything about our car!  I have never had a car I have enjoyed as much as our C-Max.  Our mileage varies all over the map due to winter weather.  But we have achieved the 4.0 L per 100 kilometers on the window sticker a few times.  We are happy enough with our mileage as I didn't expect to always get the optimal mileage.  Forgot to say the seats are comfortable too!

I have lots of things that I really like about the package!  The hands free opening hatch is super--one kick if the car is unlocked, two kicks if locked.  I like the airy panorama roof as it makes the car seem very bright and spacious.  I like the back up camera with the lines that angle with the car as it backs up.  And I like the feature that I can't remember the name of where the car has sensors front and back that indicate when you're too close to something I like the the park assist, but it is freaky and scary the first time you use it.  There is a post on this forum when the member didn't know to keep his foot on the brake the first time he used it and he whammed the guy behind him and got considerable damage.  So keep your foot on that brake!  I love the power of the car when you are needing it like merging on the freeway.  I scared myself the first time I put my pedal to the metal--I nearly went into orbit!  I am one of the few here that love the MFT and navigation as we have had no problems with it.  My recommendations are learning the MFT lingo and primarily use voice commands as they work very well.  I did type out a list of commands that we made a cheat sheet of and it helps.  And just go slow with commands as I think the system gets buggered if you don't let the system time to process commands.  Make sure you ALWAYS wait for the ready to drive command as it is easy to think you have turned the car on and you haven't and are in accessory mode--we had a couple of rolling back incidents doing that and you don't have power or power steering so it is disconcerting.  I love everything about our car!  I have never had a car I have enjoyed as much as our C-Max.  Our mileage varies all over the map due to winter weather.  But we have achieved the 4.0 L per 100 kilometers on the window sticker a few times.  We are happy enough with our mileage as I didn't expect to always get the optimal mileage.  Forgot to say the seats are comfortable too!

I call them proximity sensors....don't know if that's right or not. But they are part of the park assist.

Congrats MikeyCats! It's a new adventure!