2015 Ford Cmax Energi parked for 30+ days

Avsweb

At this time, I have only been able to start my car with jumper cables. It will start right up, then I drive for a hour, then I turn off the car. When I go to use the car again, it will not start, so I have to use jumper cables again. I do not have a electric charging station at home.

History: For the last 6 months, the car was not driven. The car was supposed to be turned on, at least once a month, while I was away. Does anyone know, if there is a reset button, that I have to reset or do I  need to charge the battery in the trunk?

I am trying to figure this out by myself, instead of going into the dealer. I looked at the cars manual, YouTube and online, but so far, I can not find an answer on what I should do. This is my first hybrid car 

Thank you. 

• 1 month later...

I've had a similar issue with my 2013 CMax Energie. Unless they changed it in future models, the 12 volt battery is in an unusual place near the passenger rear wheel and I couldn't get anyone but the Ford dealer to replace the battery. The two independent shops I checked said they couldn't even order a new battery. 

I've since set up a trickle charger to keep the 12v battery topped up while I'm out of town, but haven't had the opportunity to try it out.