New C-Max owner

Gandor

Hi everybody,

My wife and I just picked up our new Ice storm metalic (like the way that sounds) 2013 C-Max SEL yesterday.

We traded in our beloved PT-Cruizer but hop this new car will bring us many years of enjoyment.

Looking forward to discovering some nice tips/tricks about the C-Max on this forum because owning a hybrid is a totally new experience for us.

Thanks,

Hans

Hi everybody,

My wife and I just picked up our new Ice storm metalic (like the way that sounds) 2013 C-Max SEL yesterday.

We traded in our beloved PT-Cruizer but hop this new car will bring us many years of enjoyment.

Looking forward to discovering some nice tips/tricks about the C-Max on this forum because owning a hybrid is a totally new experience for us.

Thanks,

Hans

welcome to the C-MAX Hybrid community :)

Welcome Hans.  We also have an Ice Storm and have had her for 3 months almost and love the car.  My big tips are:  Always looks closely on the dash for Ready to Drive, before attempting to put the car in gear.  It is very easy to think you are ready to go when you are actually in accessory mode instead.  We have had no problems with MFT or navigation and I believe in part that is due to pushing buttons slowly and letting the system have time to process. E.G. you may think you have the black screen of death at some point when you start to back up and find you don't see the camera. Very shortly in all likelihood you will see it is doing a systems update and in about two to three minutes all will be back to normal.  Don't start pushing buttons frantically.  My husband and I have both learned that if you are too fast fingered with entries, voice commands etc. it is very easy to cause the system to act wonky.  Go slowly and speak slowly and don't be pushing every button going.  If need be, you can use your voice paddle and say "cancel".  Sure the MFT should be quicker and more able to handle things, but we have found slow and steady and we never have troubles. And we have never done a reboot.  One other thing, pay attention to which gear you are in as you don't have a light indicating which gear you are in on the console--so you have to look at the dash to ensure what gear you are in.  If you have the steering wheel turned in a certain direction it is hard to see on the dash.  If you have park assist, keep your foot on the brake at all times.  Enjoy your new car and let us know some of your adventures with it.

***This info. comes from a boomer who loves her fountain pen.  The young ones here on the forum will have a differing point of view LOL.

Edited by Laurel