Bought Another Hybrid....

RedLdr1

My wife and I like the C-Max so well that we swapped our SHO for a 2013 Fusion SE Hybrid.  We considered a second C-Max SEL but the Fusion SE Hybrid offers several options not currently offered on the C-Max.  By going with a Fusion that allowed us to find a car with about the same options as the SHO...except the 365 HP! :cry:    It is White Platinum Metallic or "Tri-White" exterior, as was the SHO, with a Dune leather interior and the 505A Luxury Package.   Add in Navigation, SE Hybrid Technology Package, Active Park Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, BLIS Cross Traffic Alert, Lane Keeping System, and Reverse Sensing System, and it has more high tech toys than the SHO.  A Moonroof, 18" Painted Luxury Wheels, and Premium Floor mats round out the package... 

I'll definitely miss the SHO's power but I won't miss its 18 MPG average while using Premium fuel.   Since the Fusion has the same drive train as the C-Max I'm expecting a couple of MPG better since the Fusion weighs a little less and is a wee bit more aerodynamic... :)   My wife will be driving the Fusion and I'll have the C-Max so now the competition for the best MPG numbers begins....

Edited by RedLdr1

RedLdr1 are you interested in doing some grill cover testing on FFH?

Possibly, but since my FFH has ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) you would need to make a different lower grill cover...

Nice, you have a fuel efficient garage now.

Yeah, the "gas hogs" in the garage now are my Harley Davidson Tri-Glide and Yamaha FJ1200... I never thought I'd see the day when my cars get better gas mileage than my motorcycles..... :)

Possibly, but since my FFH has ACC (Adaptive Cruise Control) you would need to make a different lower grill cover...

Yeah, the "gas hogs" in the garage now are my Harley Davidson Tri-Glide and Yamaha FJ1200... I never thought I'd see the day when my cars get better gas mileage than my motorcycles..... :)

I believe the Adaptive Cruise uses Radar which transmits thru plastic. If I could figure out where the sensor is on my wife's Explorer I'd try it out. 

I believe the Adaptive Cruise uses Radar which transmits thru plastic. If I could figure out where the sensor is on my wife's Explorer I'd try it out. 

It is a low power radar, on the FFH, and SHO for that matter, the transmitter is in the windshield mirror mount, the receiver is in the lower grill on the drivers side behind the black plastic....