MFT w/ Nav home=phone

I pull the toggle, say "navigation" then say "home" or "my home" and MFT asks me who do I want to call.  My home address has been inputted into my home.  Am I missing a step? I can manually select the destination but not by voice. Now, I know where I live, it's not like I'm lost. I'm trying to get EV+ mode to activate primarily.  I have been driving from home to work to home to work.... for about 3 weeks now and still no EV+ near home or work?

I pull the toggle, say "navigation" then say "home" or "my home" and MFT asks me who do I want to call.  My home address has been inputted into my home.  Am I missing a step? I can manually select the destination but not by voice. Now, I know where I live, it's not like I'm lost. I'm trying to get EV+ mode to activate primarily.  I have been driving from home to work to home to work.... for about 3 weeks now and still no EV+ near home or work?

Try "Destination Home".  No need to say Navigation.  You can do this for all favorites for which you have enabled a voice tag.

It took me nine trips back to home for my home EV+ to come on, and maybe 2 weeks for the work EV+.

You reminded me of something one of the engineers at Irvine told me about EV+.  You can get it to recognize a frequent destination by starting/stopping the car several times (I think he said 10/11 times), waiting 30 seconds or so between each on/off cycle.  I haven't tried this, since my EV+ already set itself at home and work. 

You can get it to recognize a frequent destination by starting/stopping the car several times (I think he said 10/11 times), waiting 30 seconds or so between each on/off cycle.  I haven't tried this. 

The engineers told you 10/11 times, with 30 seconds between each cycle?!  Seriously?  I love the car, but their cheat codes need work-- a lot of it.  It needs to be easy, like going into Engineering Test Mode.  ..not this is on you, it's most definitely on Ford.

Regarding EV+ not activating.  I performed a lifetime reset after "my" first fill up.  Dealer topped off first tank.  After some reading in the owners manual (I think) a lifetime reset also clears  all of your destination data. I wanted to start fresh since car had nearly 300 miles on it. It originally was delivered to a dealership in Huntsville, AL and was apparently driven to the dealership in Murray,KY where I bought it. MFT still does not understand me or I am not using correct syntax.  Maybe I have more "drawl" than I think I do.

The engineers told you 10/11 times, with 30 seconds between each cycle?!  Seriously?  I love the car, but their cheat codes need work-- a lot of it.  It needs to be easy, like going into Engineering Test Mode.  ..not this is on you, it's most definitely on Ford.

All it is is speeding up the normal EV+ operation.  The car keeps track of where it is when it shuts down (or maybe starts up) and once it sees enough (apparently around 10) it stores that as a EV+ location.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="RachelnLa" data-cid="11128" data-time="1362337593"><p>

I found speaking slowly and clearly works. It helps that I am the only one in the car speaking to her. She don't like my language. I have to speak hers hahahaha</p></blockquote>

I find I have to wait until the display says "Listening" before I start to speak. Otherwise I think my first syllable or so is cut off, and the lady who lives in my dashboard can't understand.

By the way, she needs a name...

Lady who lives in the dash. Omg. Too funny. Brings back memories of the first talking coke machine. It would say "make a selection please". I cannot tell you how many people got really close to the speaker and said "I wanna coke please". Hahahaha

I have called her Gertrude and the other day it was hazel.