With what you know, would you buy your C Max today (again)

catsailor

I currently own a 2010 Prius and did 600 miles on one fill.  53.5 average for one tank fill.  Perfect weather, perfect routs etc.....

Thats the Prius I use to drive, belongs to my neighbour though. Yeah it is possible but everything has to be right and there was some thread on another forum for people breaking this. Lil tougher with a smaller tank than the CMax but balanced by a lil  less power which helps maintain the higher FE. In comparison, Maxine's best was 612 with 50.2MPG (I got a pic in the thread somewhere).

You're pulling our leg, right?

....reeling in...woah...this is a big one....reeling in....*sweat*.....BIG ONE....splashing.....a....JELLY BEAN... :drool:  

:)

Edited by Jus-A-CMax

I would definitely buy it again!  This is an interesting thread.  While I was going through the shopping process I had doubts.  I told myself even if I only got 38 mpg it's okay because that's still great.  I think I went through every possible question in the process.  Then I sat in the C-Max after sitting in a Prius.  I was sold.  The interior just talked to me.  I just knew it was the car I wanted.  I also like the high seats.  My last car was a Jeep and I always liked siting in a chair instead of a cock pit feel.  Now I'm getting about 42.5 lifetime at 1300 miles and I'm thrilled.  I wouldn't trade the extra gas mileage for what I have.  I love this car!

I would definitely buy it again!  This is an interesting thread.  While I was going through the shopping process I had doubts.  I told myself even if I only got 38 mpg it's okay because that's still great.  I think I went through every possible question in the process.  Then I sat in the C-Max after sitting in a Prius.  I was sold.  The interior just talked to me.  I just knew it was the car I wanted.  I also like the high seats.  My last car was a Jeep and I always liked siting in a chair instead of a cock pit feel.  Now I'm getting about 42.5 lifetime at 1300 miles and I'm thrilled.  I wouldn't trade the extra gas mileage for what I have.  I love this car!

As another former Jeep owner, I know what you are saying. The seating position was my first concern, but once I sat in the C-MAX, I knew I was *home*.

I love my car too!

RachelnLa,

I bet your local gas station is lamenting your loss now. I used to gas up my Ford Edge every 5-6 days now I see the gas station twice a month. Went from 18-22 mpg to 41 +  mpg. Catsailor

Excellent catsailor...however, its different for me, I still tank up once a week like last time but I only pay for 12 gallons vs 15.5 gallon in the Camry (sometimes the Camry would tank twice a week if it had to climb the hills of Malibu). So I am saving a lil more, better handling car and more trustworthy car...and a big BONUS of an excellent, excellent Sony sound system....god, I  :wub2:  that system.

Yes!  I love this car.  I don't have any Nav problems and everything works the way it should.  The only bug I found is when it does one of its automatic updates, I have to change the phone ringer back to the one I like.  It always reverts back to the first one after the update.

I am on the fence concerning this question.  There are a lot of things I like about the C-Max, but after 2200 miles I am only getting 35 mpg, so I am very disappointed about that, plus I am now starting to experience problems with my 12 v battery as have so many other C-Max owners (see the Batteries subforum).  I experienced a dead battery two times in less than a week, and I had to have Ford Roadside Assistance come out and jump start my car each time.  I am not a happy camper right now.

Although I haven't had my C-MAX for long -- about 3 weeks, now, I'd say definitely, "Yes!" at this point. Though I was nervous about some of the issues I read about in the various forums, I have not experienced any negative issues. MFT, SYNC and navigation all work perfectly, and that system only slows down for a while when it is indexing a new USB key full of music. Love the comfortable, quiet ride. 

• 2 weeks later...

In a heart beat.  With two tanks of gas and 1086 miles with it, I am already averaging 40 MPG.  How can I not have a smile, since trading my F250 6.0L Diesel for this.  Why bicker over 2 or 4 miles a gallon and meeting EPA, I have never owned a car or truck that could meet those numbers.  So too me not an issue.

I rode in our friends Prius and just could not get comfortable. It was noisy and a bit hard to speak in a normal voice.  So when the Dealer let me take our car home to drive for the night, I was sold after getting into Beltway Traffice on purpose and enjoying the drive on top of it all. Quit, smooth and comfortable, what a great commuter.

Yep, I sure would get another C-Max.