Fuelly

RachelnLa

Any computer would require Internet; another monthly fee. Then there are virus protectors and wifi, etc. not gonna happen. He does go to the public library and look up stuff there. He prefers the ham radio.

Oh yeah. We had a cb at home and in the vehicles. It was the cell phone back in the day. We had handles, matching vests and name Plates (pins). Lots of parties with fellow CBers. Big antennas on the back of cars. My husband even had a cb in the truck when we met.

Oh yes, Adair. He made and smoked sausage last week. He used to make hundreds of pounds. Now he just does one hundred. He makes tamales and pot stickers and egg rolls, oh and wine. He can get a little obsessive hahahaha. I wonder where I get it from?? He did woodwork until he cut the tips of his fingers off. I had to race him to the hospital. He made all kinds of stuff.

I will snap some photos today while we are there :)

OK Rachel, that does it.  I'm off to start a topic on ham radio in the C-Max!  After all, doesn't the C in C-Max stand for the speed of light?  I'm a ham too but a very bad one - been off the air for years.  Hearing about your dad has got to get me going again.  Ham radio really is better than the Internet.  I too had a serious woodworking mishap but, thankfully, didn't loose anything.  No competition on the food side though.  I tried making some kind of quick bread the first time my wife-to-be visited my folks and messed up the baking powder - single instead of double acting or some such fool thing.  Flat as a pancake.  Things worked out anyway!

Fuelly?  If I wasn't still "waiting in the Shenandoah", I would put some numbers out there!

• 2 weeks later...

Like you, I replaced my 1999 Tahoe with a C-MAX.  I would typically spend about $80 twice a month for fill-ups.  I am going at least twice as far on half that amount.  Using a mileage tracking program, I am consistently getting about 37.5 mpg per tank -- no where near the promised 47 mpg, but still so much better than I got with my Tahoe.  I will be taking it on a cross-country drive from Texas to Ohio to Missouri and then back to Texas this summer.  I am very interested in seeing what my mileage will be.

• 1 month later...

I traded in my 2002 Toyota Highlander V6 AWD averaged 19 mpg all day. I average about 25K a year and in 3 weeks have spent less than half of my Highlander would use. I am figuring about $300 a month in fuel savings. I have joined Fuelly now since I have a Hybrid and my last tank averaged 46 mpg.

Now THAT's what I'm talkin' about!!!!

I was just looking on fuelly because I cannot sleep GRRR and noticed its been 9 days since I filled up. I remember checking the gage today and it was just under half a tank. By this time in my Tahoe I would be filling up again and it wouldn't be 40.00 either! Sometime I think, "I have already spent 111.00 on gas in a month that I have had my car??". Then I remind myself I would fill up almost once a week at 65.00+. I usually stopped at 50.00 because, well, that's a lot of money on gas! I figured I am going twice as far as I use to on half as much gas. Works for me.

Rachel sorry you are having trouble sleeping, may the sandman find your eyes soon...

As for the thoughts on gas consumption now vs. before, isn't it sweeter in a CMax

just make sure you copy from the BCC code area and not the html area box as the html one doesn't work here on these forums. it's counterintuitive but that what it is

When you-re in the profile for your vehicle in Fuelly, there is a small yellow/gold badge-shaped icon below the log book and above the EPA estimates that you click on. That brings up an array of badges you can copy and paste a link to in your forum signature.

• 3 weeks later...