New High MPG.....a shameless brag about my C-MAX

Adair

March 28, 2013, 4 months after taking ownership. All 4 months, winter driving with temps definitely below freezing and many days in the single digits.

Today, on my drive home, it was 51*. The sun was shining and I didn't need a coat. In fact, it was SO WARM that I turned on the Recirc for the first time.

Same drive home as always. 20 miles of rolling country roads, some stop signs/lights. 45-55 mph.

Today's trip was 53.9 MPG!!!!

This tank of gas has about 200 miles on it, and the average today is 42.6 mpg.

I love my C-MAX!

Well congratulations Adair! See it is possible...keep this up and we'll have to add you to the 600 club :rockon:  

Are u sure u don't want a Prius V instead...still get a good trade in on your Jelly Bean with low miles  ;)

Don't know that I'll ever see 600 miles on a tank. I'm a wimp. I'll be excited for 500, and now that the weather is getting nicer I'll be more likely to run the tank down.

A pox on the Prius V!! My Jelly Bean RULES!!!

Don't know that I'll ever see 600 miles on a tank. I'm a wimp. I'll be excited for 500, and now that the weather is getting nicer I'll be more likely to run the tank down.

A pox on the Prius V!! My Jelly Bean RULES!!!

Oh c'mon...I need someone else to join the 600 club...Rachel?...there only so much I can take from ptjones in the same room... :runaway: 

j/k

Jelly Bean does rule...I am sooo glad you have got decent MPGs after a few months ago it was poor and you were outstanding in your patience and understanding  :rockon: 

Oh c'mon...I need someone else to join the 600 club...Rachel?...there only so much I can take from ptjones in the same room... :runaway: 

j/k

Jelly Bean does rule...I am sooo glad you have got decent MPGs after a few months ago it was poor and you were outstanding in your patience and understanding  :rockon: 

Ya know, I was never really worried. I was so happy with the mileage I got, compared to the Jeep, that I really would have felt silly complaining. I mean, even at the lowest, I still doubled the Jeep's mpg.  And I could tell by reading your posts and the General and Ron and others who live in warmer climates, that it was only a matter of time until I would see higher #s too.

And who knows? After I get a 500 mile tank under my belt, I may just be competitive enuf to go for 550..........and then.........the sky's the limit y'all!

j/k

Thought I was going to coast into 600 mile club with the warmer weather this week  ... then my son said he had topped the tank up with $20 (sign)

Adair - happy you could make those numbers!

Edited by Tree63

Thought I was going to coast into 600 mile club with the warmer weather this week  ... then my son said he had topped the tank up with $20 (sign)

Adair - happy you could make those numbers!

WOW, Tree63! That's awesome! How close did you get before the accidental top off?

I have 15,750 miles on my C Max. My lifetime average is 43.8mpg currently.

Yesterday (with 50 degree temps), I saw 50.1mpg for the entire 140 mile day. Today I averaged 51.3mpg for 135 miles.

Yesterday I had one trip of 30 miles that was 60.1mpg. I even took a picture of the guage for posterity. On that trip, the engine only ran for 10 miles, 20.1 miles were EV only.

It is possible folks, it IS possible!

Matt

My C-Max is responding well to the warmer weather. The last few days have been 50°'s and today was almost 70°. Over 45 miles over rural highway and a little city driving I ended up with 52.7mpg.

The last 2 days coming home from work were 48.4mpg and 51.4mpg. I was using an alternate route home that cuts off a few highway miles on the 30 mile trip home and avoids a few hills.

Edited by rmcmast

Take heart, mileage will improve with age, not just temperature.  I commute 130 miles per day on the interstate, nearly flat.  Early mileage numbers were deeply disappointing, made worse by electronic system over reporting mileage compared to calculations based on gas station pump.

i'm now at 14.8k and mileage is still climbing.  So far best 60 mile leg at 55mph on eco cruise is 56.1 mpg.  At refueling tonight with 1/8 tank remaining got 513 miles, 10.6 gals for 48.5 mpg.

Charles in Oregon

I am going to brag too! I got my new CMAX right after Christmas so it has been just over 3 months. I was very disappointed in the MPG at first as I was getting only 33 mpg, and my old Honda Fit which was not a hybrid was getting 31.... BUT something has completely kicked in after 3 months of ownership! I averaged 58.3 mpg today on my way to work, which was in Los Angeles traffic on the 101 freeway. My average on the tank right now overall is 40.3 mpg. The mileage is just getting better and better. I don't know why Ford is not more public about this since there are lawsuits and drama over the misrepresentation of the mileage.

I am going to brag too! I got my new CMAX right after Christmas so it has been just over 3 months. I was very disappointed in the MPG at first as I was getting only 33 mpg, and my old Honda Fit which was not a hybrid was getting 31.... BUT something has completely kicked in after 3 months of ownership! I averaged 58.3 mpg today on my way to work, which was in Los Angeles traffic on the 101 freeway. My average on the tank right now overall is 40.3 mpg. The mileage is just getting better and better. I don't know why Ford is not more public about this since there are lawsuits and drama over the misrepresentation of the mileage.

YAY!! Welcome to the Shameless Braggers Club! We are glad to have you on the forum. You're in good company, out there in SoCal! A number of other forum members in your area. I'm sure some will chime in.

So happy that you are seeing the improved mileage too! I'm with you.....I don't understand the lack of promotion. At the Detroit Auto Show in January there were only C-MAX Energis, no hybrids! What's up with that? And there was no advertisement.

Now, my husband told me he saw a new C-MAX ad on TV the other night, but I haven't seen it yet.

Since you are not new to C-MAX, but new to the forum, please enjoy reading the posts. There is a ton of info here, and very knowledgable folks to bounce ideas/questions off of.

Have a great day!