T-Shirts for Gathering?

mtb9153

Hello everyone, I was trying to decide where was the best place to start this thread?  So I hope this is it?

I was thinking it might be fun to have custom t-shirts made for the annual gathering this summer once it is known when it will be?  We did this years ago for another national gathering in another club I used to belong to.  Was allot of fun seeing everyone who attended wearing their shirt to the activities.

So I know of a place to have custom t-shirts made in large quantity for a reasonable price.  We use this company for special events at my church and have been impressed with their quality using Hanes Beefy-T shirts.

The more orders we get the better the overall cost.  So if you plan on attending this summers event?  Lets start chiming in to show who's interested?  I would be willing to take this job on and bring the shirts to the gathering, or they could just be mailed to each owner.

I thought on the front of the shirt we could use the logo from the United Kingdom CMax Owners Club.  I have contacted them to see if they would be ok with this?  When I hear from them I will report back. Attached is a thumbnail of their logo for consideration.  Maybe across the back of the shirt we could have some text advertising the National Gathering Event and date once it is known.  Or possibly a picture of a CMax on the back.  I thought it might be nice to include a picture of the wearer of the shirt's CMax, but that would be a big undertaking cost wise to do since there would be too much setup required before printing the shirt.

Just kicking around some idea's to see if there is any interest to doing this?  Bring it on either here or off line directly to me one on one.

Edited by mtb9153

I like the idea of using the silhouette of the C-Max on a shirt but it could be copyright infringement. The UK image looks similar to the current image Ford is using in it's US promotions.  The UK owners club likely has Ford's permission to use the image.

sml_gallery_167_32_29147.jpg

Ford Motor Company trademarks and vehicle images are some of the most recognized in the world. Ford takes a tremendous amount of pride in this, and considers its trademarks and vehicle images to be among its most valuable assets. In an effort to both enhance and protect the value of the Ford name and image, Ford is constantly engaged in both promoting its trademarks and policing their use to ensure persons and businesses authorized to do so use the trademarks in an acceptable manner. 

If you and/or your organization wish to utilize Ford Motor Company trademarks and or vehicles in a book, magazine, promotion, advertisement, website or any other medium, please click here to begin the process of obtaining the necessary permission.

I like the idea of using the silhouette of the C-Max on a shirt but it could be copyright infringement. The UK image looks similar to the current image Ford is using in it's US promotions.  The UK owners club likely has Ford's permission to use the image.

I have filled out an application to Ford requesting permission to use the images on our event t-shirt

Edited by mtb9153

Like the Tee shirt idea!! but why not just on the front say on the side where a pocket might be the Name C-MAX in bold lettering and maybe on the back C-MAX owners club. just a thought !! kind of makes it our own group. the lettering could be any kind of font.  Scott 

C-MAX OWNERS ASSOCIATION

2013 NATIONAL RALLY     on the back

Like the Tee shirt idea!! but why not just on the front say on the side where a pocket might be the Name C-MAX in bold lettering and maybe on the back C-MAX owners club. just a thought !! kind of makes it our own group. the lettering could be any kind of font.  Scott 

C-MAX OWNERS ASSOCIATION

2013 NATIONAL RALLY     on the back

Thanks for the thoughts, certainly would bring down the cost of production.  Much simpler concept.

T-Shirts sound like a good idea, once we figure out the dates and who will attend.  I like the logo! I hope we don't do anything tooooo tacky on the rest of the shirt.

I'd almost like a nice polo that I could wear after the event.  It is going to cost most of us a ton of money to attend. I hope an extra $10 on the shirt won't slow too many of us down.

That being said, I'm open for anything that the group decides.

I've got an idea for the tee shirt logo:

47 MPG

My Ass!

or

Stanley Simple Start

Don't Leave Home Without One!

As long as I"m a part of this project there won't be any colorful metaphors, sorry.  I think the use of the logo from the UK would work nicely on the front.  As for the back, maybe a simple statement advertising the event and date once it is known.

Some people just don't know how to drive a hybrid. I get 47.2 on my 35 mile drives to work on the freeway. My cars EV+ has started remembering my destinations. For instance went to a small town close to home got 41 mpg going and 58.2 coming home the same route both ways. Car never been to the town so ran normal mode going. Coming home EV+ turned on

Just got to let the car do its thing